WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!
Welcome Back to the 2017-18 school year! We welcome you all to a new year of learning and growing in academics, citizenship, and leadership. We are looking forward to providing your child a challenging, engaging, memorable, and meaningful educational experience.
The Winchester staff is talented, hardworking, and committed to ensuring all students receive a strong academic foundation. We look forward to working together; staff, students, parents, and the community, to continue the legacy of excellence established at Winchester. We continue to focus on developing leadership skills through The Leader in Me. In addition, we will continue to develop 21st century skills, foster a safe, positive, and nurturing environment for children and maintain the highest expectations for our students and ourselves.
Winchester is a The Leader in Me Lighthouse school. The Leader in Me is an innovative, school-wide model that emphasizes a culture of student empowerment. We help students understand their own leadership potential by teaching and living the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, engaging students in goal setting, and working together for student success. This year's theme is "Camp Winchester - Creating a Trail of Leaders" and we cannot wait to get this year started!
On behalf of the staff of Winchester Elementary, where we are "Learning Together, Leading Forever", welcome to the 2017-18 school year!
Kelly I. Lindsay, Ed. S.
Mark Your Calendars
Annual Online Registration Documents & Digital Signatures
This year, we are introducing a new and improved online platform, Registar. This new platform allows parents and students to quickly and efficiently review and agree to our policies in order to have access to technology, participate in gym class, as well as other required annual policies. Each student needs to have a completed digital agreement on file.
Links to the new portal as well as other Back to School items can also be found on our school website.
Edukits and Class Supplies
Edukits:If you ordered an Edukit, they will be available in the gym for pick up during the Open House on Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
Class Supply Lists:
Each grade level has a list of suggested supplies that can be found at the following link:
Please note: All supply lists are simply suggestions of helpful items and are strictly voluntary, as Northville Public Schools provides the necessary supplies and materials for your child's successful school experience.
Arrival and Dismissal
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
Bus – For those eligible, riding a NPS bus is the most convenient and safest transportation option.
Drop Off Procedures:
- · During arrival, please be sure to stay in the right hand lane and pull your vehicle all the way up in the “red zone.”
- · Please do not maneuver between lanes as this creates a safety concern.
· When all the cars have pulled forward and stopped, please have your child prepared to exit your car with all of their belongings.
- · Try to get your goodbye hugs and kisses in at home.
- · ALL students should be dropped off at the same time. Please do not stop and drop each of your children off at a specific door.
- · Students should be prepared to walk to their designated arrival location using the sidewalk in front of the school.
Please stay in your car at all times in the DROP-OFF ZONE.
Pick Up Procedures:
- · Kindergarten parents are asked to park in the parking lot and walk up to the building to pick up your child from the teacher unless arrangements have been made to pick them up in the pick-up zone.
- · If you are leaving your vehicle you must park in the parking lot.
- · Our dismissal begins promptly at 3:45. In order for you to be in our MOVING carpool line and not in a stagnant line, please arrive no sooner than 3:45.
- · Please stay in the right hand lane and pull all the way up in the “red zone” or Pick-Up Zone.
- · The carpool lane will be released first.
For the Safety of our students, please remember to:
- · Refrain from using your cell phone during Drop off and Pick up
- · Use the cross walk at the main entrance when crossing.
- · Turn left out of the parking lot.
- · Save the handicapped spots for those who need them.
Thank you for your continued support as we continue to focus on student safety.
PTA Welcome Back Coffee/PTA Meeting
The PTA is excited to welcome everyone back to school. Please join us on Friday, September 8 at 9:00 AM in the Dragon's Den for coffee and our first PTA meeting. This is also a great time to get more information about all of our committees and volunteer to help with any that interest you. We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday morning!