and its impact on health and well being
Why? and how?
There is a large number of sexually transmitted infections that occur as a result of unprotected sexual intercourse. It is a major public health priority across the world because if the increase in numbers of sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies. Certain countries are effected and suffer much worse sexual health problems, especially men who have sex with men, particular ethnicity's and young people.
There is a sexual health programme in place, their objectives are to:
-understand social and behavioural factors that are associated with sexual risk and ill health.
- Investigate different methods of conducting research and the influence of new technology.
- Develop and evaluate new solutions of improving sexual health.
- There are 3 themes, HIV prevention, methodologies research and sexual health inequalities.
Importance of sexual health
Sexual health is said to be the ability to embrace and enjoy sexuality through our lives and it is an important part of our physical and emotional health. When you are sexually health it means:
- you know that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more of just sexual behaviour.
-respecting the sexual rights that our shared.
- having access to sexual information.
- making sure you are preventing unwanted pregnancy and STDs.
- experience sexual pleasure and intimacy when desired.
- able to communicate about sexual health with others and our sexual partners.