RRSD Community Update
August 30, 2022
District # 35 Happenings
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students!
One of the things the District is excited about is being able to provide free breakfast and lunch for all of our students. There is no need to fill out any applications. The District is able to do this because of the Oregon Student Success Act which passed in 2019. Without the Student Success Act, we would not be able to provide free breakfast and lunch for all of our students.
In my last update I mentioned the bond that the School Board was considering. At their August 16th meeting, the Board voted to put a $4 million dollar bond on the ballot for the voters consideration in November of 2022. The bond will ask the voters of Rogue River to increase their current tax rate by .08 cents per $1000 of assessed value. A home with an assessed value of $300,000 would see a tax increase of approximately $24 dollars per year. If the voters pass this Bond for $4 million dollars, we have already been approved for a matching grant from the state through the OSCIM program that would give the District an additional $4 million dollars for capital projects with no extra tax burden on local voters. this would give the RRSD a total of $8 million dollars to address the following projects:
- Update and Repair electrical, plumbing, and kitchen systems.
- Add an annex to the high school to create a separate space with classrooms, a locker room, bathrooms, and a commons area dedicated to junior high students.
- Construct covered play areas for both elementary campuses.
- Update locker rooms at the high school.
- Make safety and security improvements to school buildings.
We had all kinds of activity around the District this summer. The following folks deserve recognition for their efforts during the summer months.
- Sarah Wicks went above and beyond this summer with summer school, Jr. High Jump Start, and more. Thanks for all your energy and work, Sarah.
- Cecil Felkins was key in our summer school programs. His work and leadership helped create a successful summer program.
- Scott Hanson and Jim Hulslander did tons of work this summer to get our schools ready. We are grateful for their hard work.
- Sarah Collins did a great job with summer school camp support and I-ready coordination over the summer.
Inservice Week Welcome
We are so excited for the 2022-2023 school year!
Welcome Back Students!
RRES Monarch Waystation
Student driven success! Read the full story HERE.