Third Grade News
Week of 4/27
We wrapped up SAT10 Testing today. The students reported that it was the best week of the year because I let them have "free time" after the test each day. I like to call it a brain break! Regardless, they worked hard each day and I am very proud of them. Thank you for helping them get lots of rest and for the healthy snacks. Test results will be distributed in a few weeks.
Poetry Cafe was a great success! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the students running to get into line to recite their poems. They had a hand in everything related to the event and I couldn't be more appreciative. From the decorations to the set up, and especially in writing their poems, they made this teacher super proud. A special thank you goes out to the parents who recited poems along with them. My favorite was Madison's dad reading her poem about Kitty! Thank you all for a great night!
I emailed each student's PLP this week. If you didn't receive your child's, please let me know. If you could print a copy, sign it, and return it for their portfolio I would appreciate it. Thank you!
We have been using the Remind app and website in our classroom this year as a way for me to communicate updates and reminders that are specific to our classroom. Remind now has a chat feature that allows us to have a back and forth conversation between you and I! I'd like to know how you have liked using Remind. If you found it useful, or if you felt like CBA's Twitter page was plenty, please let me know. Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!
What's next in the classroom?
- STEM begins in May. Students will evaluate landscapes to determine the best location for a bridge.
- We will wrap up Chapter 9 on multiplication properties in math. Our test will be on May 12th. Chapter 10 is on Fractions!
- We will return to guided reading groups in Language Arts. Students will continue to work on close reading to help them develop a deeper understanding of the texts we read.
- We will work on special gifts for parents for Mother's Day & Father's Day.
Coming up in May & June
- Spring Concert practice - held during the day and at special times provided by Miss Moser. Please be aware of these times and help students come prepared.
- 5/6 - Fairness Day...Dress down in Orange
- 5/8 - Mother's Day Tea & Art Show from 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- 5/13 - Spring Musical preview show at 10am
- 5/14 - Spring Musical at 7:00pm
- 5/15 - Mrs. Capotrio out
- 5/20 - Philadelphia Museum of Art Field Trip
- 5/22 - Field Day at 1:00pm
- 5/25 - School closed
- 5/28 - Special concert at 9am
- 5/29 - Lunch Bunch
- 6/1 - Donuts with Dad at 8:30am
- 6/10 - Last day of school...Noon dismissal...PAC Pool Party