Hands Only CPR
Check if the victim is breathing.
Call 911 immediately after you check if they are breathing. This ensures help is on the way while you perform CPR.
Press hard on the breast bone. If there is no response, then the person is definitely unconscious.
Press hard and fast on the center of the victims chest to start performing Hands Only CPR.
- If there is anybody else around you that has performed hands only CPR before, let them do the job since they have experience.
- Make sure to do 120 compression per minute.
- When giving hands only CPR, press into their chest to the beat of "Stayin' Alive" by Bees Gees.
- If you are unsure how to perform hands only CPR, there are most likely Red Cross classes near you to help.
- Sudden cardiac arrest kills more than 325,000 people a year.
- When performing Hands Only CPR, you are pumping air back into the brain to make them conscious again.
- Performing hands only CPR can double or even triple the person's chance of survival.