Year 2 Newsletter
Friday 12 December 2014
What have we done this week?
- Literacy: We have been writing our own non-chronological reports on dragons!
- Maths: we have explored time this week, reading and setting analogue clocks on the hour and half hour. Some of us have also been exploring quarter past. We also recapped the months of the year - please practice these with your child at home to ensure they know them.
- Topic: This week we have learnt about Hanukkah - a huge thank you to Dalia's mum.
- Much of our time this week has been spent on the performances of The Gruffalo's Child - they did a fantastic job! Well done KS1!
- Christmas decorations and festivities
- Writing up our non-chronological reports in best - watch this space!
- Christmas Party and food (Thursday) - please liaise with our class parents to organise food - thank you!
Next term, we are learning about castles, dragons (in more detail!) and traditional stories including The Firebird.
Hopefully you will have seen the note home on Gateway regarding Term 2 CCAs. Please note that Sunday 4th January is the deadline for signing up for clubs.
This is the final date that sign ups can be accepted. To allow for administration time and the club organisers to prepare for the start of their clubs, we are unable to accept any additions after this date.