Share your Math Practice Lesson with your fellow Colleagues
Speed Meeting and Learning Protocol
Your goal is to have a conversation with the person sitting across the table from you in 3 minutes. Your conversation should include responses from as many of the questions from the bulleted list. At the signal, the person sitting in the inner path will rotate to his/her right to a new partner. The list of questions are:
- What criteria did you use to decide which math practice to use?
- How might you summarize your students' thinking?
- What was your takeaway from your math lesson?
- What, if any, challenges did you encounter with this math lesson? How did you resolve them?
- What have you learned from this process from planning to teaching using the math practices?
- How did your lesson implementation compare to how you planned it?
- As a result of this process, what have you learned about yourself as a teacher of mathematics?
- What evidence do you have as a teacher that the math practice(s) was/were accomplished?
Day 1 Assignment Reminder
1.Plan a tier 1 lesson that incorporates the use of the Mathematical Practices. (Remember, not all of the Practices can be used in all lessons.)
2.Teach the lesson before day 2 of the DI workshop scheduled for February 2, 2016.
3. Identify which Math Practice(s) has/have been incorporated using the planning tool and bring both the planning tool and lesson plan to the Feb. workshop.