Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Characteristics of ADHD
- Not applicable to Cystic Fibrosis.
- Has trouble learning new things.
- Get's distracted when being taught.
- Problems with their speech.
- Has trouble concentrating.
- Has unrelated thoughts.
- Unable to sit still.
Modifications made for students with ADHD
- Seat the student with ADHD at the front of the classroom close to the classroom.
- Allow the child to tape record the lesson.
- Keep them busy with things like running errands.
- Use concrete examples of concepts before teaching the abstract.
- Monitor the students comprehension of language during a lesson.
- Highlight important concepts to be learned in text.
- For bigger projects take the students to a different room to get the extra help and attention they need.