Egg Harbor Township High School
Week of November 20, 2022
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRINCIPAL
This week, our students and staff took time during their classes to reflect on things they are thankful for in their lives. The lessons included letters of gratitude, artwork and identifying positive events happening in their own lives. Students and staff embraced the lessons and all learned a little about self-reflection and empathy.
On Tuesday afternoon, our Ms. Borman’s class planned, cooked and served a full Thanksgiving dinner to our staff. The spread of turkey, green bean casserole, potatoes, sweet potato pie and cornbread, just to name a few, was fantastic. They did an amazing job! Picture below.
Today, the championship Powderpuff game will be held at 11 a.m. It will be a brawl between the junior and senior ladies as the gentlemen will cheer them on from the sidelines. A special thank you to Mr. Smith, Mr. Bell, Mr. Skipper, Mr. Wilson, Mr. Belinsky, Mr. Tinsley, and Ms. Steet for volunteering to coach and the Renaissance team for organizing the event.
Don’t forget, today is an abbreviated day for all students at the High School. Dismissal is at 11:55 a.m. Students must be present the entire time to gain credit for the day.
I would like to take time to wish the faculty, students, and community a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
If you would like to support our production by purchasing an advertisement in our Playbill, please fill out the form below. Submissions are due on Monday, November 14. Our students appreciate your support!
Red Cross Blood Drive
Student Council is hosting their Blood Drive on December 6 in the auxiliary gym. Please see the attached flyer and feel free scan the qr code to schedule an appointment and donate yourself and post for your students. Permission slips for students can be retrieved in my room F-212.
November 23 - Abbreviated Day (11:55am dismissal)
November 24-25 - Thanksgiving Break
November 28 - School Reopens
December 1-3 - Drama Performances - Blithe Spirit & Present Laughter 7pm-9pm (Auditorium)
December 4 - Drama Performances - Blithe Spirit & Present Laughter 2pm-4pm (Auditorium)
December 6 - Red Cross Blood Drive (Auxiliary Gym) 7:30am-12:30am
Students of the Week
All South Jersey Choir
Class of 2023 Raises Money for South Jersey Cancer Fund
The Class of 2023 held a Spikes4Cancer Tournament on Thursday, November 17 in the high school gym. Over 30 teams participated and, along many spectators, raised more than $800 for the South Jersey Cancer Fund. Congratulations to the champions Christian Rando and Cameron Flukey!
French Murder Mystery
CIEE Scholarships Available
EHTHS students who are applying for a scholarship to study abroad with CIEE can get assistance with their applications from other students who've already studied abroad. Students should plan to attend one of the two HELP SESSIONS that will be offered in the Library after school. Anyone with questions about CIEE Scholarship applications and Study abroad programs should email Dr. Schreiner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-2023 School District Calendar
CLIMATE AND CULTURE
The High School will be continuing with this bullying-prevention program for this school year!
#DAY1--a staff and student-led philosophy that will serve to foster a building-wide atmosphere of kindness and inclusion.
This program was started a few years ago in Bergen County by the Tyler Clementi Foundation and has gained momentum throughout the state and country for use in schools, community groups, workplaces, and sports teams.
The premise is simple: the adults in the building make a “declaration statement” about behavior that is expected, as well as behavior that is unacceptable, and we all pledge to conduct ourselves accordingly. This includes seeking help when we witness unacceptable behavior occurring.
This notion is called being an #Upstander
THE NEST SCHOOL STORE IS ONLINE & OPEN!
Student Assistance Program and Resources
Sunday, November 13 was World Kindness Day!
What was the last act of kindness that you saw? How did it make you feel?
What was the last act of kindness that you received? How did it make you feel?
It's never too late to show an act of kindness! 😊
Please click on this below for important information from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)!
Meet Your Student Assistance Counselors
Grades 9 & 10: Mrs. Barnes--click below!
Grades 11 & 12: Ms. DiMattia--click below!
Is your child an athlete?
In an effort to raise information and awareness about the use of opiates and it's potential consequences among athletes, Join Together Atlantic County (JTAC) has developed a series of informational videos for students, parents, educators and coaches. Please click below and take a few moments to review this important information:
Egg Harbor Township School District Media Specialists Monthly Update - #EHTREADS
Weekly Message From Our School District
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT
Need Help With The Parent Portal?
IC PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION!
What if I forgot my Infinite Campus Parent Portal username and password? If you've forgotten your username or password, it can be reset online. Visit http://mvnt.us/m1189271 to check your account status.
What if I do not have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account? Send an email to email@example.com with the parent/guardian full name, students full name, students school and grade level, students birthdate, home and/or cell number and the parent/guardians email address.
Infinite Campus Self Help Video
Do you need an EHT Parent Portal account?
Do you have access to log-in?
Not sure how to request a Parent Portal account?
Follow the easy steps outlined in this video. Check out this short video to learn how to request an account. https://youtu.be/bL1Qqs8sNm4
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT & RESOURCES
As time passes, it can become difficult staying at home day in and day out. Some days may be easier than others in dealing with this national pandemic amongst other issues. Please know that our guidance counselors, social workers, student assistance counselors, school nurses, and our High School Teen Center serve as available resources daily to assist with any concerns, fears, and/or anxieties. Our district website and school websites provide contact information or call 646-7911 x 1001.
Student resource card (Spanish/English)
ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR EHT ED TECH
MORE SELF HELP VIDEOS...
- USE OF GOOGLE CALENDAR to BOOK APPTS. w/ STAFF: Students can book one-on-one appointments with counselors, CST/YST members, or even their classroom teachers. Here is a brief tutorial on how to book appointments in Google Calendar with staff appointment slots: https://youtu.be/-SJFfya0WGo
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: VIDEO RESOURCE: Need help joining your Google Classroom? This video explains how to find your EHT School District Google Classroom codes and how to add or "join" an active Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvUOJKkh3k&feature=youtu.be
- GOOGLE MEET & GOOGLE CLASSROOM: For students looking to join their class for a live Google Meet session, this is a step by step of video of how to lactate and join the Meet from Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=i6lgBOh1YpU&feature=youtu.be
- ACCESSING STUDENT EMAIL (GRADES 6-12): Egg Harbor Township School District now offers an internal email address for students in grades 6-12. This video will demonstrate how to access student email from the district website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVutLPNRs9I&feature=youtu.be
- BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS FOR REMOTE LEARNING: This video offers some basic troubleshooting tips for those using a Chromebook or their own device in the virtual environment: http://mvnt.us/m1154434
- GOOGLE RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Google for Education has a resource for parents/guardians to learn and navigate the Google Tools. Take a look at this pdf and click on the embedded links for tutorials and more: http://mvnt.us/m1112980
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- Physical Exams
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration.
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
- Registration Dates
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for winter sports will open on September 15, 2022.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout.