This Week w/ Ms. Werth
January 11th - January 22nd
Science Center Field Trip
Math and Science
This week in science we continued our study of the interactions amongst the Earth, the sun, and the moon. Additionally, students were able to delve into the lunar cycle and we illustrated each phase of the moon and discussed the placement that creates that specific phase using a short Discovery Ed. clip and an interactive website through the University of Manchester. Ideally, this will prepare students for our Science Center Planetarium field trip and the activity the guide at the Planetarium will complete with our students next Friday (Jan. 22nd).
The Leader in Me
- Monday, Jan. 18th - Holiday - No School
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th - Teacher Workday
- Wednesday, Jan. 20th - Teacher Workday
- Friday, Jan. 22nd - Science Center Field Trip (bagged lunches are needed)
- Monday, Jan. 25th - Report Cards
- Tuesday, Jan. 26th - Jump Rope for Heart (School-wide in gym @ 1:30)
- Tuesday, Feb. 16th - School-wide Lego Night (more info to come later)
- Tuesday, April 12th - Grandfather Mountain Field Trip*
*This is a little further out, but some parents have asked about our Grandfather Mountain field trip (which will require 4-5 parent chaperons per class with current background checks - please contact the office to check on whether or not we have a background check on file for you or if you need the paperwork to complete one prior to our trip).