Shawnee Trail Elementary
March 21, 2016
We Need Your Feedback
March and April Character Trait Focus is Social Emotional Intelligence
Although there is some disagreement about the exact terminology to use, social and emotional intelligence both refer to the ability to understand your own and others’ feelings and emotions and then to use this understanding to inform your decisions and actions. Socially/emotionally intelligent people solve interpersonal problems quickly by understanding what is upsetting others and being empathetic to these concerns. They tend to recognize when they've said something that made someone uncomfortable and know what makes others "tick.” Socially/emotionally intelligent people are able to thrive in many different relationships and settings because they quickly learn the social rules.
Online Tools for Homework and Study Skills -Also check grade level web sites.
- www.Quizlet.com – Students can create flashcards and study guides to review material online or on a mobile device. Created by high-school students in 2007, the site has more than 40 million study sets generated by users.
- www.Storybird.com – This site helps students create a story or poem or present material using a variety of illustrations.
- www.KhanAcademy.org – Brief tutorials on a wide array of topics and grade levels.
- https://www.hwtears.com/hwt/parents/parent-extras -Handwriting Without Tears (FISD adopted) aims to make legible and fluent handwriting a skill that students can master easily. The program is simple for parents to use at home. Downloads and PDFs of the curriculum overview, letter formation charts and teaching guidelines by grade level are included under the Parent Extras tab.
- Kinder at Petting Zoo
- No School -Bad Weather Make-Up Day
Tuesday, March 29
- 4th Grade STAAR Writing
- 5th Grade STAAR Math
- 4th and 5th Grade Choir Practice
Wednesday, March 30
- 5th Grade STAAR Reading
- Report Cards
- PTA Spirit Store (Open before GMST)
- Last day to order yearbooks