H. H. Dow High Parent Newsletter
Below is the new information on the Dow High testing schedule when we return from our 2 week pause in face to face instruction. We have specific testing information located on our website as well.
Tuesday, April 27
Grade 11 SAT with essay: Students will conclude testing around 1:30pm and will not return to classesGrade 9 PSAT9: Students will conclude testing around 11:00am and will not return to class.
Wednesday, April 28
Grade 11 ACT Work Keys testing: Students will conclude testing at 11:00am and return to school at 11:45am M-STEP Science and Social Studies: TESTING ON CHROMEBOOKS concludes at 2:25pm
Grade 10 PSAT10: Students will conclude testing around 11:15am and will not return to class.
Students not listed on specific testing days will stay home and receive virtual activities for their classes.
Earth Action Expo
The Dow High GO GREEN Club, along with the Midland Chapter of the American Chemical Society (ACS), Midland Recyclers, and the Midland Center for the Arts, is hosting the Earth Action Expo on Saturday, May 1, from 11am - 3pm outside at Dow High School.
The Expo is FREE and includes hands-on science/environmentally-friendly stations, activities, and information for students, parents, and community members. There are over 35 groups/organizations participating this year, including food trucks, beekeepers, electric vehicles, and more!! Please see the attached promo flyer for the complete list!
To keep everyone safe, COVID protocols will be in place including pre registration and masks; participant numbers will be limited! Registration is online here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a054badaa2ea20-earth6
Student safety is a top priority for Midland Public Schools. As we plan our Senior Prom, we must implement measures to ensure we follow all state and local guidelines as well as work to keep our students safe. Below is a list of safety precautions we will require for our Senior Prom.
After seniors have read through these safety guidelines, they will then respond to a survey they received in their school email showing interest in attending the Senior Prom on Friday May 7.
Prom Safety Guidelines as follow:
- The event would have to take place outside, in the parking lot. There would NOT be a tent.
- Prom would be held on Friday, May 7.
- In order to be respectful to our neighbors, Prom would be from 7-9 PM.
- Students would receive a temperature scan prior to entering the prom area.
- Students would be assigned to a parking spot in groups of 6.
- Students would have to stay in their assigned parking spot for the night. They can't intermingle.
- Everyone must wear a face mask at all times.
- Students could eat or drink in their assigned spot with their masks off, but when the masks are off, you must be 6' apart.
- Only 300 students are able to attend an outdoor gathering - as there are 300+ seniors, this means that no juniors or students from other schools will be able to participate. This also means that seniors will not be able to bring a date unless their date is a member of the senior class.