A Christmas Carol Background
- Charles Dickens lived in England.
- He had a lonely childhood and family was in dept
- He had 10 children
- Married more than 1 women
- Born February 7, 1812
- Die June 9, 1870 By a stroke after a full day of work
- period of aromatic change that brought England to its highest point of development as a world power.
- started at 1837 to 1901
- Victorian era was named after Queen Victoria.
- the transition to new manufacturing processes in the period
- Began in Britain
- Started in the late 18th century
- James Watt from Scotland designs the steam engine
Poverty & child labor
- poverty is state of being poor
- poverty affected Charles Dickens because he wasn't able to publish books because he was to poor to afford it