Oakland ACE Update
October 21, 2022
October 21: Winter Registration Forms due
Winter Registration Process
Student Winter Registration forms are due today by 3PM. We have 125 forms in as of 2PM today-nice work Oakland ACE Students.
For the 30 students whose forms we do not have, you can turn in forms after today but they will not get priority registration. Forms coming in after today should be emailed to Mrs. DeYoung.
Please note that Fall 23-24 registration takes place in March. Students should schedule appointments to see OCC Counselors between January and February 2023 to prepare for registration.
OCC offers the opportunity for your to complete forms in order to be able to communicate with OCC staff about your child: https://www.oaklandcc.edu/currentstudents/studentforms
Having forms like The Authorization to Share Information on file may be a good idea in case the need arises for you to talk with OCC on behalf of your child.
Leading Up to Week 10
Prior to considering withdrawing from a course students should:
- Meet with Mrs. DeYoung and agree to basic strategies that the student will attempt prior to withdraw.
- These steps often include: attending academic support center tutoring; attending professor office hours; and reviewing what has and has not been working to prepare for assessments.
If after several basic strategies are attempted if students still feel they want to withdraw from a class the process is:
- Talk with Mrs. DeYoung again-she will provide you a form you need to talk with and gain signatures from your professor, high school counselor, Dr. McKay, and your parent (if you are 18 a parent signature is not needed but we prefer to have one).
- Once students have obtained all signatures on one form they submit the form and registration form. The registration form must have the bottom portion complete and include the student signature.
- Email signature form and registration/drop form to Mrs. DeYoung and Dr. McKay.
We will not drop classes without the completed and signed form.
Your high school may choose to enter an E/F on your transcript if you withdraw from a class. You may want to check with your counselor on what will be placed on your transcript prior to dropping classes.
Family Contact Information
We are missing many parent email addresses and phone numbers. With events such as graduation coming up we want to make sure we are able to contact you.
Rachel DeYoung Early College Student Support Coordinator 248-209-2420
Kimberly Mason Project/Department Assistant 248-209-2025
Christy Turk Early College Student Support and VLAC Staff Member