Career Center Weekly Update
January 18, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
Programs this week:
Tuesday, January 19th
Clark Howell Hall, 2nd Floor computer lab
Wednesday, January 20th
Thursday, January 21st
Monday, January 25th
Join the next two UGA Virtual Networking Hours!
Careers in Natural Resources: Advice from Warnell Alumni & Professionals
Thursday, January 28th 5:00-6:00pm
Students, this is your opportunity to connect with alumni within the following industries: fisheries and wildlife, forestry, recreation and tourism, and water and soil resources. Come prepared with questions on how to make the most of college, internships, and how to stand out in the job search.
Careers in Law: Advice from UGA Alumni (students + alumni)
Students, this is your opportunity to connect with alumni in various fields of law, including those who work in private firms, corporate/in-house, and public interest and government organizations . Come prepared with questions on how to make the most of college, internships, and how to stand out in the job search.
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
How to Plan a Resume-Worthy Semester
Now that spring semester has officially started, it’s time to begin thinking about building up your resume with great experience! Oftentimes when you think of the word “experience,” internships and full-time jobs are the first opportunities that come to mind; from an employer standpoint, however, experience can actually take on many different forms.
How to Master Your Video or Phone Interview
Before the rise of video conference services, interviews were almost always given in person. There were simply fewer options for people to connect aside from the telephone or going to an in-person interview. The adoption of the Internet has allowed for interviewers to meet potential applicants online.
Universum Career Test - Connecting you with employers!
Is becoming a more self-aware professional one of your New Year's resolutions? Or is finding a new job or internship? If so, the Universum Career Test can help. It is the world's largest career tool connecting talented students like YOU with top employers. Upon completion of the test you will:
- Discover your career personality type
- Be able to benchmark your career goals against your peers
- Receive a list of 10 employers that are a culture fit for you
Click here to begin: https://career-test.com/s/georgia
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.