Forest Hills Elementary
Special Edition: What's in the Kit
What's in the Kit
A few important notes:
- QR code for Clever | Each student will receive an individual QR code that allows students to sign in to Clever. Clever is a single sign-in system that will give students access to the different online tools they will be using. On iPads, the Clever app is already installed. On Chromebooks, the Clever app is installed as a Chrome extension or you can find it at clever.com/in/lakeoswego. For K-3, the Clever QR code is on a lanyard. For 4-5, the Clever QR code is taped to the student device.
- Google Classroom codes | Each student is receiving a list of Google Classroom codes. These are for social studies, science, PE, Health, Innovation, and Music classes. For LO Online, these codes also include the classroom code for ELA/Math, which will be students' homeroom classroom. See this 90-second video for instruction for adding Google Classrooms to your student's account.
- Great Body Shop health curriculum | This is a full year's worth of health magazines. These will be used for asynchronous health lessons.
- Social Studies curriculum | This is a full year's worth of social studies magazines. These will be used for asynchronous social studies lessons.
- Pre-ordered school supplies will also be distributed. School supply lists can be found HERE.
- Your student's teacher will direct the use of these items. You'll want to get organized and keep items handy, but also wait for the teacher's directions for how and when to use these supplies.
Kindergarten Learning Kit
1st Grade Learning Kit
2nd Grade Learning Kit
3rd Grade Learning Kit
4th Grade Learning Kit
5th Grade Learning Kit
Learning Kit and Device Pick Up Schedule, Sept 1
On Tuesday, September 1st Forest Hills staff will distribute student devices and learning kits to each child. Pre-ordered school supplies will also be available for pick up. Prior to the pick up, families must complete the LOSD Student/Parental Consent & Technology Form for each student. This form can be reached through the QR code to the right. -->
Each grade level has an assigned pick up time. Families with multiple students can pick up in any of these blocks of time. There are also two pick up locations:
FRONT parking lot along Andrews Rd for LAST NAMES starting with A-K
BACK bus lane along Sunningdale Rd for LAST NAMES starting with L-Z
Prior to the pick up, families must complete the LOSD Student/Parental Consent & Technology Form for each student.
Families with multiple students may come to any of the assigned times.
You may have another family pick up your materials.
Remain in your vehicle.
(Optional) Put a sign on your passenger side of your vehicle with your last name. This will help us distribute materials more quickly. Funtivity: You can decorate your family sign. Our front office staff loves this stuff and will definitely make a big deal out of it! :)
Devices K-2 students will receive an iPad. 3-5 students will receive a Chromebook. Families are strongly encouraged to use a school-issued device because these devices are pre-loaded with all the necessary applications.
Sign Up for Virtual Meet & Greet
The Meet & Greet is a virtual meeting between your student and their new teacher. Meetings will be held on Wednesday, Sept 2 to Friday, Sept 4. Unlike Parent-Teacher conferences, this time is designed to build relationships between student and teacher, but parents may also be a part of the virtual meeting if they wish. Meetings will be held over Zoom. Your student's teacher will send you a link prior to the scheduled meeting.
Note: LO Online students in grades 1st, 4th, and 5th grade will need to contact their student's teacher directly to schedule.
Sign Up Tips
- Each class is listed on a separate page. Computer users will select the class with the tabs at the top of the page. Mobile users will use a drop down.
- Be mindful to select the correct teacher and your selected day.
- Select the conference slot by clicking on the "Sign Up" box in the selected slot, then clicking on the "Submit & Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an automatic reminder two days prior to conferences. The reminder will go to the email you entered when you made your selection.
- If you have already scheduled a Smart Start meeting, you will see your meeting pre-scheduled. These meetings will be 40 minutes.
Click here to sign up for a virtual Meet & Greet meeting. Sign up open through Sept 1.