THE HOME OF AGGRESSIVE LEARNING
Your Future Is in Your Hands
During your stay on Team Ranger, you will have many opportunities to grow as a student and as a positive team member of our school and community. Though we all have our good days and not-so good days, we shine brightest when we prepare to succeed. Start each day with enthusiasm. Treat all others with kindness. Stay wise and safe in the real world and in cyberspace. Be an aggressive learner.
- What's Edmodo? - Edmodo is an educational website that we use to connect with our students and their families. In addition to posting nightly homework, we can use Edmodo to start discussions, give and grade assignments, create polls, and many other collaborative activities.
- What's Treasure Time? - Each day students spend time silently reading - Treasure Time. In this case, treasure is a verb. We encourage students to treasure their reading time. During this time, students are reading novels and books of their choice. Treasure books lead to great discussions, as well.
- Grew up in the Bethel Park/Pittsburgh area
- B.A. from Macalester College
- M.A. from California University of Pennsylvania
- Loves French and Indian War living history, art, glassblowing
- Grew up in Maryland - near Washington, D.C.
- B.A. from The University of Maryland
- M.A. from Johns Hopkins University
- Moved to Bethel Park in 1998
- Loves reading, writing, teaching, and college basketball
Frequently Asked Questions
- Homework? - Expect nightly homework, ranging from 15 to 45 minutes, usually somewhere in-between.
- Birthday treats? - Please check with us before sending in a birthday treat. Many students these days have allergic reactions to various foods.