Kinder Colt Express!
May 17, 2016
What are we learning in Kindergarten?
• Identify cause and effect
• Use illustrations to retell a story
• Make and confirm predictions in a story
• Stretch out sounds when writing
• Read, write and identify; I, can, we, me, the, look, like, a, see, go, to, is, play, my, and, are, for, you, do, said, with, was, he, she & has
• Measure using non-standard units
• Create and analyze graphs
• Identify coins and their value
• Write numbers 0-20
• Identify and describe 2D and 3D shapes
• Differentiate between living and nonliving things
• Observe the life cycle of a plant
• Identify the parts of a plant
• Describe ways that we can help take care of our Earth
May 19th: McCall's Parent Night at 6pm
May 20th: Field Day!! More details below!
May 25th: Challenge Island! More details below!
May 26th: McCall Spring Family Picnic at the McCall playground 6:30-8:30pm
May 27th: Parent/Teacher Conference Day (no school for students). You will receive more information from your child's teacher
May 30th: No School!
June 2nd: Kindergarten Performance at 1pm followed by class parties
June 3rd: Last day of school/early release at 12pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE AWESOME KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS...
12-2pm. Please help your child be prepared to have the BEST time by following these tips below...
- Apply sunscreen BEFORE coming to school. Your child's teacher can not do this for them.
- Wear play clothes and play shoes
- Bring a refillable water bottle
- Feel free to wear a hat
- Bring a towel AND dry clothes to change into after the activities are over (don't forget socks and underwear). There are many water related stations and your child will be getting wet.
- Put your child's name on EVERYTHING!!
If you completed the paperwork and are volunteering, you will receive an email at the beginning of the week.
If you are just visiting, you must sign in at the front office and you may only take pictures of your child.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org