For the week of February 25-March 1
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Taking the time to acknowledge the kind deeds of others is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up this Week?
Monday, February 25 -
- Books build better brains! Make reading a part of every day.
Tuesday, February 26 -
- A child's success as a reader begins much earlier than the first day of school. Reading, and a love for reading, begins at home. Click here for Reading Tips for Parents with Kindergartners.
Wednesday, February 27 -
- TAG at 7:50
- Prospective YR Parent Open House from 6:00-7:00 (if you know of any families that are interested in the YR program let them know about this opportunity)
- 5th Grade Band Concert at LHS (Band members should be there at 6:00; Concert starts at 6:30)
Thursday, February 28 -
Friday, March 1 -
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Lansing
- PTC Popcorn Day
This is a video with all the PP slides of the parent night regarding the scheduling process for current 5th grade parents.