Coaches Quick 3
First Lunch and Learn for the 2020-21 School Year
Join us Joan, Julie, and introducing Jane (WVS New Program Support) for our first Lunch and Learn Zoom session scheduled for October 20 (NOTE DATE CHANGE) from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
With many new Coaches out there this year, along with our veteran coaches, we will start with the basics:
- student account creation
- making a course request
- making a drop request
- monitoring student progress
- upgrades to Buzz
- end dates
- questions you may have
Here is the link to join: https://zoom.us/j/95270686348
No Fee Drop Period
WVS has a 28-day calendar drop period...Click here to read our Drop Policy.
If a course is dropped within the first 28 calendar days of the start date, the district will not be charged for the enrollment. The first day of the count is the day the course was activated.
WVS NEW courses for 2020-21
Check out the new courses offered this year:
- AP World History S1 & S2
- Art in World Cultures
- Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Digital Information Technology S1 & S2
- Foundations of Programming S1 & S2
- Wearable Technology Innovations
- MS Digital Art and Design
- MS Exploring Music
- MS Physical Education A 7/8
- MS Physical Education B 7/8
The following courses have been revamped including a new course title:
- Creative Writing: Unleashing the Core of Your Imagination
- Astronomy 1a: Introduction
- Astronomy 1b: Exploring the Universe
- Biotechnology 1a: Introduction
- Biotechnology 1b: Unlocking Nature's Secrets
- Culinary Arts 1a: Introduction
- Culinary Arts 1b: Finding Your Palate
- Culinary Arts 2: Baking, Pastry, and More
- Digital Photography1a: Introduction
- Digital Photography 1b: Creating Images with Impact
- Early Childhood Education 1a: Introduction
- Early Childhood Education 1b: Developing Early Learners
How to Order AP® Exams
AP® Exams are only available through the College Board and MUST be ordered by November 13th according to the College Board website to avoid late ordering fees. AP Exams are ordered by the student’s school AP Coordinator. AP Exams are administered by the student’s local school not WVS. If you are a new school to the AP® Exam process you will need to have a College Board code number.
Call the College Board code control center at 877-274-3570 to check whether your school has an active code or to request a high school code request form.
Once the code is received, orders for exams must be placed via the AP® Online Exam Ordering Service at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/ap-coordinators/accessing-and-using-ap-registration-and-ordering
For further information contact the Advanced Placement Services
(AP® Coordinator Hotline) at 877-274-6474.