Upcoming Activities in May!
Ms. Austin's Class!
Wednesday, May 4 Field trip to the wild animal park!!
Time: we leave school at 9:15am and will return by 2:15pm.
What to bring:
· Packed lunch
· Money for gift shop (optional)
· Hat or sunscreen (optional)
· Picnic blanket (optional)
What to wear:
Green field trip shirt and comfortable shoes! Any type of pants or shorts are fine, it doesn’t need to be uniform dress.
· Meet us in the classroom at 9:05 if you are joining.
· You are also free to take your child home after the field trip, but you will need to sign out in the office when we return to school.
· Lastly, if it rains or if the AQI is above 200 by 7am, we will reschedule. I will contact the class by wechat and also through email, if that should be the case.
Thursday, May 5 Trash-less day
We’ve been talking in class about why we should reduce the amount of trash we create and on Thursday we will not have a trashcan in our room to experiment what it is like to not clean up our trash! We brainstormed ways to reduce the trash we make including bringing snacks in a snack box, brining in a handkerchief, a small towel to dry our hands, and recycling or reusing paper products. There is nothing you need to do, but wanted to give you a heads up in case your child is asking for those items on Thursday!
Friday, May 6 Field Day!
This day is one of my favorites! Kindergarten students should wear BLUE! No uniform required.
WHEN: May 6, 2016 - Rain date May 10, 2016
PS3-KG from10:00-11:30 with lunch at 12:35
· Parents are welcome to come and watch, cheer, and participate! There will even be a "race" for parents this year.
· Please note the grade level color you should wear (kinder is BLUE).
· Be colorful, creative and COMFORTABLE!
· Wear sport shoes
· Bring your water bottle.
· Hats are helpful, but optional.
Monday, May 9 Muffins with Mom
You’re invited to MUFFINS WITH MOMS to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Take this opportunity to enjoy a coffee and muffin with your child, we want to show you how much we appreciate you!
Location: Our classroom (208)
Thursday, May 10 Kindergarten music assembly
Come to the MSR and watch the kindergarten students show off some of their favorite songs from music class. Starts at 8:00am.
Friday, May 13
All library books must be returned to the library by 4:00pm.