From Principal Parquet
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. It was great being with both my boys for the Thanksgiving Break. During the break, there was a fire at one of our apartment complexes. As we find out if any of our families were affected, we will reach out for community support.
Remember that E-Learning continues the rest of this month until at least Jan. 15. All students should be on zoom calls at 8:30. The best interaction and learning will happen if students can get on live for each session. We know that due to parental jobs, it may be difficult so the recorded lessons will be uploaded. Please make sure to check Canvas for student assignments and Skyward for any missing assignments and grades. Always feel free to reach out to your child's teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
FREE Breakfast and Lunch Continues Daily
Curbside Pick-Up At School Locations (November 30 - December 17, 2020)
The Washington Township Schools Child Nutrition Services Department is excited to continue to provide ALL students age 18 or younger a FREE breakfast and lunch daily during the school closure while learning from home. Meals will be available for curbside pick-up at all school locations between 11:45 am - 1:15 pm Monday through Friday.
New Mobile Meals Program (November 30 - December 17, 2020)
Washington Township’s Child Nutrition and Transportation departments have joined together to bring a Free breakfast and lunch to a bus stop near you between 12:30 - 1:30 pm daily. Visit this web page for specific stop locations and times in your area.
Only one (1) breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge for each student age 18 or younger per day. Please only visit one (1) distribution site per day. This will ensure that every child will receive a meal. Menu items listed on the Child Nutrition website are subject to change without notice based on availability.
Instructions for Curbside and Mobile Meals Bus Routes:
● Children do not need to be present to receive meals.
● Each student will receive one (1) free breakfast and lunch per day.
● We require all families to social distance and wear face coverings during all meal service times.
● Curbside pick-up: You can expedite the pickup process by placing a sheet of paper with the number of student meals you are requesting in the car window. The staff will practice social distancing and use contactless delivery by placing the meals in the trunk or rear liftgate of your car. Please open your trunk or rear liftgate prior to entering the car line. If your trunk or rear liftgate is not open the meals will be placed on the hood of your car. Please stay in your vehicle and slowly pull forward to retrieve the meals.
● Mobile Meal Bus pick-up: Wearing a face covering, a student, parent/guardian must form a line practicing social distancing as meals are distributed from the bus. If you are picking up for more than one student you may hold up your fingers or a sign with the number of meals needed as you reach the front of the line.
This Institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider
Friday Family Kahoot
Steve Auslander, our tech teacher at AV/CW, will be hosting Family Kahoot Fridays for all MSDWT families every Friday afternoon at 5:00 starting on Friday, Dec. 4.
Important Dates to Know
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Corner
Criminalization of Black Girls
Crooked Creek Affirmation
At Crooked Creek, Greatness Happens Here! Our choices affect us and our future. We embrace and respect our differences, from skin tone, hair type, and family structure to our abilities. We commit to become a better version of us and to help along the way. Today and every day, at Crooked Creek, we believe we all have the potential to make greatness happen.
PTO Count On Me Form
We're excited to welcome families back to the 2020-2021 school year!! Did you know, as a parent/caregiver of a child at Crooked Creek, you're automatically a member of the PTO? We'd love to engage our members as much as possible, especially in this tricky year. If you're interested in getting involved in some way (big or small), please take a moment to fill out the following form. Please fill out the form even if you've filled it out before, as there are a few additional questions this year. We can't wait for a great year!
Fill out this form: http://bit.ly/CCPTOsignup
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crookedcreek.pto/