Multiplying and divideing decimals
Why is it important to multiply decimals?
It is important because when you go shopping all of the prices have decimals.So when buy things you know what you are paying for.or you know if they over charge you
Why is important to divide decimals
It is important to divide decimals because when you have a minumin amount of money you can divide the price from your minumin and see if you have enought
Steps on how to multiply decimals
- Multiply the numbers just as if they were whole numbers.
- Line up the numbers on the right - Line your numbers up.
- Starting on the right, multiply each digit in the top number by each digit in the bottom number, just as with whole numbers.
- Add the products.
- Place the decimal point in the answer by starting at the right and moving a number of places equal to the sum of the decimal places in both numbers multiplied.
Steps on how to and divide decimals
To divide decimal numbers:
- If the divisor is not a whole number, move decimal point to right to make it a whole number and move decimal point in dividend the same number of places.
- Divide as usual. Keep dividing until the answer terminates or repeats.
- Put decimal point directly above decimal point in the dividend.
- Check your answer. Multiply quotient by divisor. Does it equal the dividend?