Homeroom Buzz Room 220
February 8th Edition
- February 15th - we will have school ; make-up snow day #1
- Art Print for Friday, February 12th.
- Valentine Celebration Friday, February 12th.
- Placement for Henley: I hope to have your student's Henley placement for English completed by Friday, February 12th. I will have a conversation with each student about his/her placement. Your child will be aware of what I will be submitting on their behalf, so please ask them about our discussion. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. However, please contact your child's math teacher about his/her recommendation.
- We are finishing up our Grammar unit this week and we will be testing next week sometime. Be sure to ask your student about when the test will be.
Baby/Childhood Photos Needed!!
In order to prepare for a special end of year presentation, as well as an exciting display in the yearbook, we are asking for some help from you. We are requesting that one early childhood or baby photo of each 5th grader be sent in as soon as possible. A notice went home in Monday folders a few weeks ago, but I thought I would give another reminder. The photos will be given to Ms. MacPherson, our library assistant, to organize for these upcoming projects. If you prefer to send an electronic copy, feel free to email the photo to: email@example.com. When sending all photos please be sure to include your child’s name. All photos will be returned upon completion. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kelli Crickenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank you in advance for your support in these fun projects!
Recess in the Winter
Students who participate in outdoor recess must wear clothing that is appropriate for the weather conditions. (When it is between 40-50 degrees, students must have long sleeves and long pants on.) When it is 40 or colder; a coat must be worn outside. Students will be given the option to stay inside when the temperature is below 32 degrees outside. Students will be given the option to stay inside when the temperature is below 32 degrees.
We are currently working on our STEAM Project of Henry's Freedom Box. Please ask your student about this amazing book and what challenge they are facing. This STEAM project will span over the next 2 weeks. We are concluding our VS 7 Civil War unit this week, and their test will be Wednesday, February 10th. We will then move onto VS8 Reconstruction after the war. We will remain in SS for the rest of February.
Mrs. Dettmann will continue to meet with the children she was meeting with before break. However, when the novel they are reading is finished, we will be moving some kids around in order to give other students the opportunity to work Mrs. Dettmann. If your child is in her reading group and you have questions, please contact her at email@example.com.
Please be sure your student is turning in a signed reading log every Monday. It is a homework grade, and 120 min of reading needs to be verified by a parent weekly.
We are in week 4 of GLOW. Ask you child about Neologisms:)...
Don't let these dates buzz by you!
- February 9th-PTO Meeting
- February 9th-19th 6th Grade Henley Class Recommendations will be made
- February 12th-Valentine Lunch Celebration
- February 15th-Snow Make Up School Day (previously a teacher workday)
- February 18th-ACPS Spelling Bee
- February 22nd-BEE Program Spring Registration
- February 25 & 26 Student Variety Shows at 6:30pm
- March 1-Student Holiday (Green Teacher Workday)