Family Engagement Findings
September 7, 2018
Family & Community Engagement Symposium
Flyer in English and Spanish will be available next week!
Registration will open on September 17, 2018
Cost: $15 (includes lunch)
Time: 8:30 a.m.--2:00 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Robert Vela, President, San Antonio College
Theme: BEYOND ALL LIMITS
Tuesday, September 25th: Building Capacity and Strengthening Partnerships for Family Engagement
ESSA, Building Capacity (section 1116) has long been a requirement of LEAs and schools, but for many it has been a perfunctory task rather than a useful tool designed to increase parent and family engagement in a way that increases student achievement.
This session will provide a quick overview of the ESSA, Building Capacity requirements and strategies to help work innovatively with parents and families. Techniques for working collaboratively with families will be discussed. Session will also include a presentation by a model school who is doing exceptional work with their families.
Extensive handouts and resources will be provided.
Intended Audience: ESC Staff, Federal Program Directors, Administrators, Parent and Family Engagement Liaisons
Download the Flyer BELOW!
Steps for registration:
- Go to (Region 16 ESC) https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/search.aspx
- On right side, “Already know the workshop ID? Workshop ID” type in 674000, Click “Go”
- Right hand side, Click “Register”
- Bottom left, Click “Checkout”
- At this point new members will need to “Create an Account” and then Click “Submit” or Previous Users will need to sign-in (if they have not already done so) and then Click “Submit”
- Select method of payment to continue.
- Provide purchase order or credit card information.
- Then Click, “Complete Checkout”
Family Engagement Network #1
I look forward to our first Family Engagement Network meeting next week! Register today!
Date: Thursday, September 13th
Time: 9:00 a.m. --12:00 p.m.
Location: ESC-20, Frio/Kendall Rooms
Register in Connect 20. Session ID: 50796
On the agenda:
- Autism Community Network
- Yes! Our Kids Can
- Parent Forums--The Vine Wellness Group
- Connecting & Networking Activity
- ESC-20 Family Engagement News
Download the agenda below.
Read about how a School District set a goal for a 50% reduction in the chronic absentee rate and the strategies they've set in place.
Read how 4 school districts keep families informed and engaged.
This Module highlights the diversity of families and addresses the factors that school personnel should understand about working with the families of children with disabilities.