Post Falls School District Fall Newsletter
Welcome back, Post Falls families. We are happy to have students settled in to regular schedules and look forward to a school year focused on what is best for kids! We appreciate the partnership we share with parents to ensure we are meeting the needs of each student and know this year will be learning-focused. Our enrollment has grown slightly; we currently have 6235 preK-12th grade students enrolled in the district. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
~ Dena Naccarato, Superintendent
Trustee Elections Scheduled for November 2nd
The Post Falls School District has three board seats on the November 2nd ballot. Trustees in zones 1, 4, and 5 are up for election. (To determine the zone in which you reside, click here.) The Post Falls School Board of Trustees Election Forum is available for all parents and patrons to view. Click this link to hear about each of the candidates and their responses to questions posed by the Post Falls Chamber of Commerce.
For more information please visit the Kootenai County Elections website.
Veterans Day: November 11
Post Falls High School:
- Students will discuss in small groups what they know about Veterans Day.
- They will watch an informational video summarizing the history of the holiday. (Video provided by "The History Channel.")
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the history and significance of this holiday by taking a Veterans Day quiz.
- In the weeks leading up to November 11th, students will write letters and poems to local veterans which will be delivered on Veterans Day.
- On November 11th students will learn about the history and traditions associated with this important federal holiday, listen to the Special Chorus perform patriotic songs, and view a slideshow honoring veterans who are related to our students and staff.
- In music class, students will learn new songs relevant to Veterans Day and share them throughout the school.
- We will honor those who have served in our school newsletter.
- To better understand why we celebrate Veterans Day, our classes are currently reading The Wall by Eve Bunting. This is a story about a little boy who lost his grandfather in the Vietnam War.
Prairie View Elementary:
- On November 11th, fifth grade students will perform a Veterans Day readers theatre to teach our younger students the importance and history of this federal holiday.
- Students in grades K-4 will watch the performance in their classrooms through Google Meet and engage in various Veterans Day classroom activities.
PFHS Homecoming Parade
Wednesday, Oct. 20th, 5:30pm
1860 N Cecil Rd, Post Falls, ID 83854
Homecoming Football Game
Friday, Oct. 22nd, 7pm
2832 East Poleline Avenue
Post Falls, ID
Post Falls High School vs Lake City High School
Tailgating starts at 4:30pm
Calendar Highlight: Fall Elementary Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 19 = Kindergarten (only) conference day
- November 22 = Kindergarten - 5th grade conference day
Post Falls Sources of Strength
Selected Post Falls School District secondary staff and students, with parent permission, will participate in Sources of Strength training in October as follows:
- October 19th – Post Falls High School
- October 20th – River City Middle School
- October 21st – Post Falls Middle School
Employment Opportunities with Post Falls School District
Like many other employers in our area, Post Falls School District is experiencing a labor shortage. We are seeking motivated parents and community members interested in filling the following positions:
• Duty aides
• GAP workers (before and after school childcare)
• Substitute teachers
• Bus drivers
• Maintenance workers
• Custodial workers
Qualifications: High school diploma. Applicants should enjoy working with students.
We have full-time and part-time positions available. Full-time positions (more than 32.5 hours per week) include health, dental and retirement benefits. Depending on the position, the starting hourly wage ranges from $12.60 to $18.27 DOE.
Applicants will need to apply online and pass the State Department of Education mandated criminal history/background check. The applicant pays the required $35 background check fee.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, complete the online application. More employment information can be found on our district "Employment Information webpage. Please call the District Office at 208-773-1658 with any questions.
The winter months encompass a variety of weather conditions. Please be aware of cold, wind and ice, and dress your child accordingly. School may close for the day when weather creates hazardous road conditions. School closures and late starts are announced between 5:45 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on the following radio stations: KVNI, KCDA, KISS, KXLY, KDRK and on television stations KREM-2, KXLY-4 and KHQ-6. School closures will be posted on the district website. The district will also utilize the School Messenger notification system for parents with texting capabilities on their cell phones who have opted in to the School Messenger system.
*To opt in and receive school notifications through School Messenger send a text message to 67587 with the word “subscribe” in the body of the text. School Messenger will send a confirmation text shortly after.