Mrs. Anderson's Newsletter
- Meet or exceed the number of points needed
- Meet or exceed an 85% average on AR tests
- Be within or exceed an average AR book level within their ZPD
Your child should be able to pull all of this information up on his/her iPad, but if you have any questions, please let me know.
*One way to meet goals sooner is reading AR books at school AND at home. Students can bring their library books and my classroom books back and forth to be able to continue in a book they are working on. Students are given 30 minutes of AR time to read in class everyday and then should be reading at least 20 minutes a night at home for homework.
Read-a-thon Ends This Week!
1. Tally up how many hours your child read for the month. (Round up!)
2. Go to the people that agreed to pledge your child for hours read and let them know how many hours your child read.
3. Collect the pledges and turn them in by Friday, October 9th. Your goal is $30 to cover everything. If more money is raised, we will put it to good use with all of the projects we complete this year.
4. If you choose not to participate in the read-a-thon, you can instead just send a check or cash for $30 to cover the class shirt, book, and postage for the letter writing project. Checks can be made payable to Van Elementary School.