December 8, 2022
2pm Dismissal Today
Christmas Singing Grams
Thank You for Sponsoring Our Police Officer
sweets with santa
Noon dismissal and no aftercare
PreK through Grade 2: 10am
Grades 3 through 5, Band, Concert Choir: 6pm
All students should dress in Christmas Sunday Best! Church doors will open thirty minutes before the show starts. Please watch for additional information to be forthcoming.
reregistration for 2023-2024
Christmas Shopping on Amazon? With one special click of the mouse, you can earn money for St. Joseph Catholic School. Please consider signing up on Amazon Smile. Every little bit helps! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-5452342
now offering breakfast
Middle School Youth Ministry Christmas Party
All middle school students are invited to celebrate advent with a Christmas party on December 14. The students will participate in a variety of Christmas-themed games in the anticipation of the Christmas season. For this social night, we’ll briefly discuss advent and traditions leading up Christmas. Pizza and water will be provided.
This is a white elephant party, so please be sure to bring a gift that is under $10. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater as part of the fun!
Middle School Youth Ministry Service Project
Please sign up for this service opportunity at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094EA8AE2EA0F9C07-christmasSign-ups close on Dec. 4th, so please be sure to register your child before then. In December, the coordinator for the Nativity will contact those signed up about group practice times and roles
Gospel Reading this Sunday, The Third Sunday of Advent
he sent his disciples to Jesus with this question,
"Are you the one who is to come,
or should we look for another?"
Jesus said to them in reply,
"Go and tell John what you hear and see:
the blind regain their sight,
the lame walk,
lepers are cleansed,
the deaf hear,
the dead are raised,
and the poor have the good news proclaimed to them.
And blessed is the one who takes no offense at me."
As they were going off,
Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John,
"What did you go out to the desert to see?
A reed swayed by the wind?
Then what did you go out to see?
Someone dressed in fine clothing?
Those who wear fine clothing are in royal palaces.
Then why did you go out? To see a prophet?
Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
This is the one about whom it is written:
Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you;
he will prepare your way before you.
Amen, I say to you,
among those born of women
there has been none greater than John the Baptist;
yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
- Mt 11:2-11
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier