Mrs. Rumbolt's Grade One
Online ordering: Fun lunch ordering for the remainder of the year will be done ONLINE. Please see purple sheet sent home about how to place an order.
April 14th - Pita Pit
April 28th - Hot dogs
May 12th- Pizza Hut
May 26th - Hot dogs
June 9th- Press'd
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Thursday, April 7th: School fun walk. Make sure you wear good walking shoes!
- Friday, April 8th: 11:30am dismissal. Reminder to pack a snack on half days.
- Wednesday, April 13th: Dress up like your favorite super hero!
- Thursday, April 14th: Pita Pit fun lunch. Please order ONLINE in advance. Canteen is closed on fun lunch days.
- Friday, April 15th: 11:30am dismissal AND book orders due
- Friday, April 22nd: Earth day presentation AND 11:30am dismissal
-Thursday, April 28th: Fun lunch (hot dogs). Please order ONLINE in advance. Canteen is closed.
- Friday, April 29th: 11:30am dismissal day
1) Sight words- Please continue to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
2) Math-We continue to work on adding and subtracting, numbers to 100, as well as 2D/3D shapes! Please continue to review 2D and 3D shapes at home.
3) Science- March was all about building things! Ask your child about important steps and strategies to keep in mind when building (making a plan, having a main goal/goals, collaborating as a team, etc.)
Upcoming science topics include exploring the 5 senses, as well as discussing ways to take care of our earth and environment. We will also begin our unit on plants and animals soon.
4) Letters/Sounds- We are continuing to review tricky sounds and letter combinations. We are working on transferring them to our writing as well.
5) Writing- Ask your child what 5 things they must check in their sentence before moving on to their drawing.
-Capital at beginning
- Punctuation at the end
- Does it make sense?
- Sizing of letters
We are currently working on adding more details to our writing (adjectives, more information, etc.).
6) Words their Way- W.T.W. sorts come home every Friday. Have your child review their sort with you.
Try playing "no peeking" and "back writing".
7) Reading- Please encourage your child to be independent in solving unknown words, you only helping as a final strategy. Please refer to "Ways to take Action" bookmark while reading with your child, for a variety of strategies we use in the classroom.
*Note: As your child begins taking home buddy books that are longer, feel free to have your child keep the buddy book to read over a few nights (maybe even more depending on length). Please just let me know in the agenda.