Holly Academy News & Views
January 31, 2020
2020/2021 Start Date
At the Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday the Board approved an August 31,2020 start date for our Huskies. The Fenton District and Holly Area Schools are starting prior to Labor Day next school year. To make scheduling easier for the majority of our families that may have other children in the Fenton and Holly Districts, we are going to apply for a waiver from the Michigan Department of Education to start prior to Labor Day. The waiver and subsequent public meeting are formalities, but steps we have to take to change our start date. Please plan your calendars around an August 31st first day of school for 1st-8th grades and a September 1st first day of school for Y5 and kindergarten. It's great to be a Husky!
Annual Education Report
Holly Academy's 2018-19 Annual Education Report is available on our website. You may also request a copy in the office. Power of the Pack!
Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet"
Join our Pack! Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues that Holly Academy's open enrollment period is now through March 6th. Our Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" is on Monday, February 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Prospective students and parents can come and meet the staff and discover what makes HA remarkable. #daretoberemarkable
Did You Know...
Fun Facts About Our Young 5s
- Our Young 5 students are currently learning about the continent of Australia?
- Ms. Bunyak and her Young 5 students made learning "authentic" by running a bake sale to fundraise for the koalas and kangaroos affected by the terrible Australian wildfires?
- Through their hard work (and yours), the Young 5 students raised over $700! What a great way to dare to be remarkable!
Parking Lot Rules
- No cell phone use in the parking lot
- Do not get out of your car when dropping off your child
- In the drop off lane, please pull up to the traffic attendant row before letting your child out
- Drive slowly and be aware of your surrounding while driving
- Do not drop off students at the main entrance
- Be courteous and considerate in the parking lot
During the month of January, students in grades 3 through 7 participated in the ELA M-Step pilot test. Michigan Department of Education offers this option to schools throughout Michigan. The school does not receive results for these tests. It is a great opportunity for our students to become familiar with the assessment and online components.
In February, kindergarten through 3rd grade students will take the NWEA assessment in reading only. This assessment is a means to monitor the progress our students are making in reading in alignment with the Read by Third Grade legislation.
After spring break, all students will participate in NWEA and M-Step testing. Watch for more information in the coming weeks.
The 2019-2020 Yearbook is now officially on sale! Don't miss out on the fantastic "Early Bird" price! From now until February 14th you can purchase your book for only $25. After the 14th they will be priced at $30. For an easy online option please go to:
Do NOT pay via REVTRAK for Holly Academy Yearbooks, the above link is your on-line payment option.
From the Board of Directors
- Feb. 1 - Middle School Winter Waltz Dance, 6:30-8:30pm in the main gym
- Feb. 7 - PTO dress down, $1.00
- Feb. 11 - PBIS "Love Cup: fundraiser
- Feb 12 - Count day
- Feb. 13 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Feb 14 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 14 - Happy Valentine's Day
- Feb. 17 - No school - President's Day
- Feb. 21 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Feb. 21 - Middle school movie night from 3:45-5:45pm in the auditorium
- Feb. 24 - Spring picture day
- Feb. 24 - Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" at 6:00pm
- Feb. 26 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Feb. 27 - Parent/teacher conferences, 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 27 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 28 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
Scout Pack 220 is in need of leaders. A pack needs five leaders to recharter annually. We are currently unable to recharter the pack for 2020 which means a halt in meetings and activities. We currently have 27 students who will be impacted by the loss of this pack. If you are interested and able to become a leader, please contact Aaron Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTO CLOTHING SALE
PTO is happy to announce that the online PTO clothing store will be open from January 22nd through February 5th. Please remember hooded sweatshirts are for middle school and parents only.
You may contact Nichole Bertucci, Parent Volunteer at email@example.com with any questions.