Mrs. Fobbe's Class
Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary words: finished, seedling, roots
- Comprehension strategy: Determine importance
In reading, we are listening for important details the author used to help us understand the story. We continue working on using fix-up strategies and ask questions before, during, and after reading a book to monitor our comprehension. Practice this at home while reading your books. In writing, we are working on publishing. The students are taking a rough draft of one of their stories and are working on making a final copy to be published and shared with the class. :) I am loving all the wonderful stories.
Finished topic 14, Measurement
- Measuring using centimeters, inches, and feet
- Measuring capacity with cups, pints, quarts, and pints
- Measuring weight by comparing objects
- Finding the perimeter of a shape.
- No School on Friday, March 25th- April 1st
- Our class is running low on some word work supplies. We are in need of thin markers, bingo daubers, and play-doh. Thank you to those families that have already donated to our class. If you would be interested in donating you can send it with your child to school. :)