GHMS Dawg Bites
Volume 5, Issue 3 --- Week of August 28th
Excellence is our cornerstone, our tradition, the Bulldog way!
Order your yearbook by 10/27/17 - Click on the button below!
Click here to order your yearbook. All orders need to be made online . The deadline to order a 2017 yearbook is October 27, 2017.
GHMS PTA Meeting - September 1st
- Please come out and join in the first PTA meeting of the year!
- September 1st
- 8:30 A.M.
- GHMS Media Center
The PTA just wanted to thank all those who sent in their PTA packets this week! We are off to a tremendous start and are truly excited to add to great programs that are here at GHMS.
It is not a problem if you have not had a chance to complete your packet! You can still send it in next week. New packets can be picked up (or have your student pick one up) in the front office.
Finally, there is a Sign-Up Genius for your consideration. We are providing a few parent volunteers to help with the BBEL Walk next Friday, September 1st.
7th and 8th Grade Junior Beta Club Criteria
In December 2016 the following Jr. Beta Club criteria was agreed upon by all five middle school principals. This is the criteria that will be used for Jr. Beta Club at GHMS this fall when invitations are sent out to students.
- Students must have a 93 overall average in core courses at the end of the previous school year.
- Students must have a 93 overall average in core courses at the end of the first nine weeks of the current school year.
- Students may not have less than a B in any related arts class at the end of the first nine weeks of the current school year.
- Students may not have less than a B in any related arts class at the end of the previous school year.
- The 93 average will not be calculated from rounding up.
- A Power School specialist will run a list of students from each middle school who meet the above criteria and send the list to each middle school principal.
- An application and a membership fee of $25 will be required of each student.
- Service projects and the induction ceremony will be at the discretion of each middle school.
BBEL Academy Service Project – Bulldogs, Believe!
The BBEL Academy simulation fundraising walk is September 1st!
The walk represents how far some of the students at BBEL Academy walk each way, to and from school every day. Students that would like to participate will raise any amount of funds, choose where they would like to see their funds distributed, and walk approximately two and a half miles on school property, during the school day on Friday, September 1st. Forms were sent home with students. All forms and money need to be turned into GHMS Staff at the start of the walk on September 1st.
Any students that raise money or bought a t-shirt will get to walk on September 1st.
GHMS Visitors at Lunch
Only parents or legal guardians may eat lunch with their student(s) in the cafeteria.
Teacher Class Pages
- All teacher class pages should have homework posted for the upcoming week by 4 P.M. on Friday.
- All homework is posted in the same location and format on every teacher's class page.
7th Grade Health Information - Very Important!!! 7th grade parents please read and assist GHMS.
As of August 2013, South Carolina requires that ALL seventh graders receive the Tdap vaccine to protect them against whooping cough (pertussis).
Turn in forms to Rachel Miles, GHMS School Nurse. This has been a major undertaking for us to collect the required documentation. Please bring forms in ASAP if you have not done so already. Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated. For any questions call the GHMS health room at 803-548-8313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the GHMS Monthly Calendars
Each calendar can be viewed in color as a PDF or printed out!
- October 25th - Quarter 1 Report Cards go home with students
- January 5th – Quarter 2/Semester 1 Report Cards go home with students
- March 21st – Quarter 3 Report Cards go home with students
- May 31st – Final Report Cards mailed home
- Stay updated with parent portal: https://fortmill.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Need to enroll in parent portal - contact our school registrar Dawn Fite at: email@example.com
- All 2017-2018 athletes must have a physical on file dated after April 1st, 2017.
- All fall athletes must pay the $100.00 athletic fee one week prior to the first contest.
- Athletic contest admittance price - $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for students
Link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to GHMS (you can link to more than one school/organization):
Name of School – GHMS
TIE Account # is – 2247 (GHMS PTA)
TIE Account # is – 1019 (GHMS Athletic Booster Club)
We received over $4000.00 in donations from Harris Teeter last year due to VIC Cards!