- X, E, or XTC
- Dancing Shoes
- Disco Biscuits
- Egg Rolls
- Happy Pill
- Hug Drug
- Love Drug
- Malcolm (or Malcolm X)
- Scooby Snacks
- Vitamin E or Vitamin X
Short Term Effects
- Gives you energy
- Distorts time and perception
- Increases enjoyment from touching
- Inability to regulate temperature
- Sharp increase in body temperature, hyperthermia, heatstroke
- Liver, kidney, and cardiovascular system failure
- Perceptual changes, anxiety, jaw-clenching, dry mouth, and appetite changes
- Blood pressure increases
- Blurred vision
- Muscle tension
- Severe sweating
- Day-after depression
Long Term Effects
- Dramatic increase in heart rate, leading to serious complications for people with cardiovascular disease.
- Dehydration can lead to liver and kidney failure.
- Disturbing emotional reactions, confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, severe anxiety, and heart palpitations. Symptoms last a long time after taking the drug.
- Depletes the amount of serotonin in the brain and blocks uptake of serotonin.
- Toxic to the brain.
- Impairs memory.
- Brain damage is directly related to amount and frequency of usage
What Ecstasy Looks Like
- Every time you take one pill you have a chance of losing a brain cell
- For the past 10 years, the use of ecstasy has been rising in both Quebec and Canada