Spooktacular Raider's Weekly
Holy Redeemer Catholic School October 29, 2021
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL OF OUR FAMILIES
Mark Your Calendars:
- Grade 3 - Linking Generations visit
- Grade 1-8 ---- 3-Way Conferences - 4:00PM - 7:00PM (Book Here)
- Kindergarten - 3-Way Conferences - 2:50PM - 7:00PM (Book Here)
- BOYS Volleyball game -- Bronze Final at St. Theresa!! (No Spectators)
4 p.m. - Boys - HR vs JPII
- GIRLS Volleyball game -- Bronze Final at St. John Paul II (No Spectators)
4 p.m. Girls - HR vs JPIIWednesday:
- Jersey Day
- Early Dismissal @ 1:40
- Grade 1-8 ---- 3-Way Conferences - 2:30PM - 5:30PM (Book Here)
- Linking Generations Visit
- Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Have a great weekend!!
Down the road:
- Fall Break - November 8-12 - No School
- Remembrance Day - November 11
- Saturday November 20 - National Child Day
- Wednesday December 1 - Early Dismissal
- Wednesday December 22 to Jan 4 - Christmas Break begins - No School and closed
School Sports and Events Calendar: Click Here
Meet Our Staff - Weekly Spotlight
Holy Redeemer Catholic School
Hi Holy Redeemer School family!
It is truly a blessing to be the Principal of Holy Redeemer Catholic School. In my second year as principal, I have been so impressed with the vitality of the school and the great cooperation of students, parents and staff! With covid still among us, it has been difficult to keep connected even though we are asked to keep our distance and remain apart. As a staff, we are up for the challenge to create new opportunities to connect with our school community that may have been different from the past! The relationships we make with our students, parents and school community is key in establishing a great environment where the students feel accepted, loved and connected to each other and our school community. We are blessed at Holy Redeemer to have a fabulous school team and I am blessed to be a part of it.
A little about me:
I am in my 23rd year as an educator. I have spent the last 20 years in an administrative role (Principal (14), Assistant Principal (6) within the school communities of Vegreville, Sherwood Park, and Ardrossan.
I am blessed to have a wonderful family! My wife and I raised our kids in the Ardrossan area. We have been married for 20 years and we are blessed to have two children that both attended Holy Redeemer since kindergarten.
Former Edmonton Eskimo (Elk) and Winnipeg Blue Bomber.
I have coached the offensive and defensive line for the Archbishop Jordan Scots High School Football Team for the last three seasons.
I’m an active Provincial basketball referee
Favorite things I enjoy:
Football, Basketball, Baseball (Playing and Coaching)
Spending time outdoors
Working with my hands (home renovations, landscaping, etc.)
Highlights from this past week
Don't forget to check the art-wall link after the pics below to see some of our student's artwork.
Here are a few fun pics from the week...
Take a virtual walk through the school and get a glimpse at our students' creativity.
To view, order and pay online, CLICK HERE.
Please note that this is not linked through PowerSchool - Please DO NOT send money to school. Orders must go through this website which is not at all affiliated EICS.
- WATER BOTTLES: Please ensure that your student brings a water-bottle each day to school.
- MASKS: Masks are required inside EICS Facilities by all students, staff and authorized visitors.
- ILLNESS AND ABSENCES: A reminder for all families that the AHS Daily Assessment needs to be completed and actioned each morning prior to coming to school. If your child is experiencing symptoms please choose:
“other illness or injury” If they are experiencing symptoms that you do not deem to be flu-like, or your child has a medical appointment.
“parent excused.” If your child is experiencing no symptoms at all, please choose this. The parent excused absence should only be chosen if you are keeping your child home for a reason that does not pertain to a medical issue. (i.e dance competition)
- BUILDING ADMITTANCE: Please call the office or ring the bell upon your arrival and a staff member will greet you at the door. All doors will remain locked at this time.
- CONSENT FORMS & SCHOOL FEES: Please note, these items are due. Please log in through your parent portal to pay them. - If you have any questions, please call Tess Guerin in the office at 780-922-4522.
The haunted Library was a huge success this year again! Besides the witch who laminated herself while dusting the library!! She really has to be more careful!
Reminder that there is no library next week, and then its fall break. Books can be returned after
November 18th .
Happy Halloween everyone!
Nutrition Program Grant
Our Nutrition Grant Program is fully under-way. Ask your child about their nutritious and delicious morning snacks, kindly provided through this Alberta Grant through the hard work of Aimee Fontaine and parent volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering, Please reach out to Aimee Fontaine at: email@example.com
The Wellness Corner
News from EICS
News from Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Thanks to all that attended the Parent Council meeting on Tuesday evening. Some highlights of the meeting are:
- Hot Lunch – We are working with a new hot lunch program this year, please be patient with us while we navigate the new system. We are targeting to start up in November. If you can help out on Hot lunch days please contact Parent Council.
- Fundraising – We are planning to run 2 fundraisers over the holiday season. The Purdy’s Chocolate Fundraiser and the FundScrip Fundraiser which is a gift card fundraiser. These will help Parent Council provide support to school initiatives during the school year. More details on the fundraisers to come shortly.
- Yearbook – A big thanks to Jessica Koehli who has stepped up to do our 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 yearbook!
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday November 16 th @ 6:30 pm – all parents/caregivers are welcome to join.
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings: https://hr.eics.ab.ca/parents/school-council
You can also join our Facebook group:
Baptism OPENS THE DOOR to the rest of the Sacraments!
Are you wishing to Baptize your school-age child?
Does your child want to receive First Communion with their classmates?
It is never too late!
For the Baptism of infants or very young children, parents make the Baptismal promises on their behalf. OLPH offers our monthly Baptism Preparation Class, required for all parents (and recommended for prospective Godparents also.) For a child age 7 (considered the age of reason) or older, catechesis and preparation of their own is necessary before receiving any of the sacraments, including Baptism.
We are offering a special Baptism Preparation Class for children Age 7-10, so they can be welcomed in Baptism, then join the class to celebrate First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in the new year 2022 with their peers.
Sunday November 14
9:15 am—11:30 am
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
Parents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register by Friday, November 5. (No cost to register.)
Sacrament Information 2021/2022
If you wish to register your student for one of their sacraments, Please reach out to Natalie Lavigne at OLPH Parish office (780-467-5470).
The Registration Form can be printed off from the parish website: https://www.olph.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/First-Rec-Communion-Registration-Printable-Form-FINAL-may2021.pdf
Parents can submit them to the OLPH Parish Office in person (7:30am-7:30pm, 7 days a week) OR by email email@example.com.