The CP Tip Jar
For Focus and Priority Schools
Schools designated as Priority or Focus will need to resubmit their School Improvement Plan by June 30, 2015. Prior to submitting their plan via the web application, schools are required to post their plan for a 28 day public review. Aside from revisions made within the plan, please be sure to revisit the areas below for completion.
-Assurance of Quality and Accountability
-Evaluation of School Improvement Plan
Planning Committee Requirements
In accordance with 22 PA Code Chapter 49, the Professional Education subcommittee must contain at minimum:
- (6) Teacher representatives (chosen by the teachers) divided equally among elementary, middle and high school teachers
- (2) Educational specialist (chosen by educational specialists) including dental hygienists, school guidance counselors, home-school visitors, technology instructors, school psychologists, school restoration, and nutrition service specialist.
- (2) Administrative representatives (chosen by the administrators)
- (2) Parents of children attending a school in the district (appointed by the board of school directors)
- (2) Local business representatives (appointed by the board of school directors)
- (2) Community representatives (appointed by the board of school directors)
When in the web application, please be sure these stakeholders are entered while ensuring their appointee is the role listed in parenthesis above.
Charter School Training - Part 2
Tuesday, March 31st, 2pm
This is an online event.
We enjoyed seeing many of you this fall for our Charter School Training held at the PaTTAN offices across the Commonwealth. During that training, we spent time discussing the “Needs Assessment” of the Comprehensive Plan and also had the opportunity to share strategies that were proving to be successful in your schools. Since then, the PA Planning Team has compiled strategies and resources from school leaders, Intermediate Unit staff members and teachers, to develop a repository for schools to refer to and utilize as needed. If you are interested in gaining access to this Strategy Bank and learning more about recent updates to Comprehensive Planning, please register for our webinar, which will be held on March 31st at 2:00 pm. If you are unable to join us during this time, we will record the session so that we can send it out to the field afterwards.
To register for this event: