Week of March 28-April 1, 2016
We are ready to tackle the STAAR test!
This week our 4th and 5th grade students will start the first round of STAAR testing. They have been working really hard in preparation for these days.
I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the following staff members who have worked so diligently and effortlessly with our students:
- 4th grade team: Bonnie, Alyssa, Lauren and Amanda
- 5th grade team: Vanessa, Danielle, J'Cole and their adopted member Angela Wilden
- Specialist: Lynn, Bobbie, Angela and Vickie
- ESL: Linda and Julie
- Other Professional: Jeni, Chara and Whitney
A few reminders before we start the tests:
- Don't forget to have rooms ready for testing.
- Administrators will conduct room checks this afternoon.
- Stay in your rooms and/or close to the testing room this afternoon so we can call you to come by and check your testing bucket
- Wear comfortable shoes and jeans during the days that you will be administering a STAAR test or assisting with hall and monitoring duties.
NON STAAR GRADES
Our 4th & 5th graders will be taking STAAR tests on the Tuesday through Thursday (Make-Ups). The whole day will be reserved for testing as there are students who qualify for additional time beyond the 4 hour window.
THERE WILL NOT BE ANY SPEECH, RESOURCE, ESOL, & LIBRARY CLASSES FOR THESE DAYS. SPECIALS FOR TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY WILL NOT BE OCCURING. RECESS (on campus and at RLE Park) IS CANCELLED ON TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY.
EVERY AVAILABLE ROOM in the EAST Wing will be used for testing.
Therefore please make sure traffic around the entire school remains quiet and carefully managed.
ADMINISTRATORS WILL BE ON STAAR DUTY.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CONTACT THE OFFICE AND THEY WILL CONTACT US TO DETERMINE THE BEST WAY TO ASSIST YOU.
Refrain from using restrooms between 8:00-8:30 on these dates.
Wear soft-soled shoes to promote quiet in the test zones.
Honor the TESTING ZONE signs.
Thank you for your cooperation and help in making this testing session a success!
Week @ a Glance
- MONDAY: Tutoring (except 4th and 5th grade teachers)
- TUESDAY: STAAR test; 4th grade Writing & 5th grade Math
- WEDNESDAY: STAAR test; 5th grade Reading
- THURSDAY: STAAR test make-up sessions. 1st grade performance 6:00pm
- FRIDAY: Oratorical contest K-2 8:30-9:30am & 3-6 1:30-2:30pm