Aquatic Animal found in The Great Lakes and Europe and Asia
- eel-like body, can grow up to 3 1/2 feet long and weigh up to 5 lbs.
- parasitic behavior, feeds off of fish such as Herring, mackeral, salmon, trout, and even some sharks.
- travel upstream from oceans and nest in lake Huron.
- PROBLEMATIC: once they feed off of their host, the host dies shortly after.
- How to manage the problem: Try and fish for them or keep them from coming upstream.
- They kill many fish and some sharks, shortening the food supply for other animals.
- The survival rate of an animals that is affected by the sea lamprey is slim to none.