Cabot Learning Academy
WEEK AT A GLANCE (WAG)
What is my student learning? Week of December 7-11, 2015
Social Studies: Winter Holiday Activities
Reading: Guided Reading, comprehension strategies, main characters, listening comprehension,
Wrting: Writing in response to what they read
Social Skills: Self-Control, Responsibility, Respect, Following Directions
Reading: Reading book - Bud, Not Buddy, Figurative Language hyperbole, Inferences, and character analysis.
Math: Individualized lessons on Moby Max (Computer based math program) and order of operations
Social Skills: Respect and Manners
Week 5Monday: Sausage Biscuit, Fruit, Milk
Tuesday: Poptart, Cereal, Fruit juice, Milk
Wednesday: Blueberry Muffin, Yogurt, Fruit, Milk
Thursday: Chocolate Donuts, Yogurt, Fruit Juice, Milk
Friday: Sausage Pancake Sandwich, Fruit, Milk
Monday: Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Baked Chips, Broccoli + Dip, Frozen Fruit Sorbet
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday, Beef Taco, whole Kernel Corn, Sugar Cookie
Wednesday: Ham and cheese flatbread sandwich, Tater Tots, Baked Beans, Fruit
Thursday: Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes + Gravy, Black-eyed Peas, Garlic Bread, Fruit
Friday: Beef Ravioli, Breadstick, Carrots, Spinach Salad, Fruit
School Board Meeting
K-8 Parents' Corner/ 31 Things Kids Can Do During Winter Break
These are simple do it today and don’t break the bank activities. When you hear ” I’m bored!” you can scan the list.
- Donate. Before or after new toys make it into your house make a few piles and chose what to donate , throw away or keep.
- Go on a scavenger hunt outside.
- Make some ornaments for the tree inside.
- Make bird feeders for your trees outside.
- Bowl with your family and knock them down.
- Have a book festival .
- Go for a hike .
- Turn your playroom into a grocery store , toy store or coffee shop.
- Toss an egg off your porch and learn while doing it.
- Read some banned books .
- Work off some energy in your own boot camp.
- Go on an alphabet hunt.
- Play hide and seek.
- Make a snowman outside.
- Make a snowman inside.
- Go on a photo safari and write a book about your neighborhood.
- Get messy .
- Make a mural .
- Pretend to be a veterinarian , a scientist , or even an elf.
- Play with your food .
- Make your own constellation.
- Make a volcano without too much mess!
- Have an ice cream taste test.
- Start a journal.
- Match up some mustaches.
- Draw and design your own cards ( maybe thank you cards for holiday gifts?! )
- Measure with Legos
- Bring some snow inside and find out what part of your house is the coolest.
- Turn your train table into a winter wonderland.
- Get creative with loose parts .
- Make your own art retrospective , host a kid gallery show and look back at all the art you created in 2012.