Vista Oaks - Lodi
A great place for your child to grow...
Weekly Update for February 12, 2016
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15
- Tuesday, February 16 at 3:00
- Monday, March 14 through Friday, March 25
- Middle school will have pictures on Tuesday, February 23rd during class time.
- Elementary on Wednesday, February 24th at 9:30am.
- High school students will have the opportunity for pictures Tuesday-Thursday, February 23-25.
- 7th/8th Grade Art Class- We started a new unit this week on Claude Monet. Our class is growing and the students are getting their introduction to Monet and his art. We look forward to their unique Monet art projects in the weeks to come.
- NWEA Assessments - This week, the middle school students will be taking the NWEA Map test during their Inside english class and math classes. Please get your child to class on time for these assessments.
New Brochures Help Explain the California Common Core Standards
What kinds of things will my child learn in mathematics and English language arts in first grade? In high school? New brochures focused on the California Common Core State Standards for mathematics and English language arts/literacy (ELA) are now available.
The brochures on the mathematics standards showcase example problems, and the brochures on the ELA standards highlight the progression of learning through the grade levels. Each brochure also provides suggestions for parents/guardians to support their students’ learning and a list of additional resources.
This week in the CAASPP corner we're practicing our click and drag skills!
Follow this link for fun practice with this skill: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/bubblefun/bubblefunmathbasics.htm
Also, here's a link to the practice test! It'd be great for you to sit with your child and take the practice test together so you can both see what you can do to better prepare for it: http://www.caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html
Know Someone Who Might Be Interested in Vista Oaks?
- We are accepting applications for the Spring Semester!
- Know someone who might be interested in learning about Vista Oaks Charter School? Feel free to forward the Weekly Updates or have them call our office at 365-4060.
- There is currently a wait list for K-8, but a few more spots are available in 9-12.