Locally grown mushrooms!
Why Are Locally Grown Foods Better For You?
Locally grown food is healthier than processed food because it hasn't been injected with chemicals. They are fresh and weren't imported from another country, and stayed for days. For example you can get mushrooms throughout the whole year because they are always in season, so you can buy it from the farmers market whenever you want!
The History of Mushrooms!
The first mushroom that was grown by people were shiitake by Japanese people. Before they were farmed people ate the wild type. There are thousands varieties in the world, but only 25 of them are cultivated.
The most popular mushroom types are shiitake, oyster, portebella and crimini. They contain:
- vitamin c
Mushroom Turkey Meatloaf Muffins Ingrediants
- 1 Lb (500 g) Ontario mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb (500 g) ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 a cup (125 ml) finely chopped Ontario onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves Ontario garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large Ontario onion
There are many delicious and healthy food ideas that include mushrooms and other locally grown vegetablles!