Central Update Bulletin - Issue 35
Strategies to Close the Year Out Strong!!!
As the end of the year draws closer we have seen an increase in unexpected behavior out of our students. At this point of the year, we sometimes feel we have run out of ideas. Here are a few tips and reminders to make the end of the year successful!
- Keep your schedule as consistent as possible. If your schedule is different than normal, post the new schedule on the board so that students know what to expect next.
- Spread out your brain breaks and make them more frequent! Instead of 1 brain break with 2 songs, do 2 brain breaks an hour apart with 1 song each time!
- Go outside! Take your read aloud book outside or take writing journals to the garden and soak up some vitamin D while you work! Eat lunch with your students in the garden!
- Start your day (or even a new subject) with a reminder of your class norms and expectations!
- Praise the positive! Make sure you are still reinforcing the positive efforts you see out of your students!
Here is another cute idea from a teacher’s website!
Jeans as you need!
Better Hearing and Speech Month
Google Classrooms and Reading
A Safety Drill is Coming! A Safety Drill is Coming!
Week at a Glance
Monday, May 16th
- CIC Meeting in Library, 3:15-4:45
Tuesday, May 17th
- PTA Meeting, 5:00-6:00
- Kinder and Pre-K Round Up 6:00-7:00
Wednesday, May 18th
- Meeting of the Minds - 2016/2017 Team Leads in Library 8:00-3:00
- Faculty Meeting in Cafeteria (Pink and Blue Cards) 3:15-To Completion of classes
Friday, May 20th
- Field DAY!!!
Future Dates To Remember:
Tuesday, May 24th
- Community Appreciation Breakfast 8:00-9:30 (Please help by bringing a dish!)
- Dallas Zoo Program Assembly - 1:50-2:35 Cafeteria (Should be Awesome if your class has the time to attend).
Wednesday, May 25th
- Pre-K AM Awards in the Cafeteria 9:45-10:20
- Pre-K PM Awards in the Cafeteria 2:00-2:35
- Staff Meeting - Google Classroom Help
Thursday, May 26th
- Bring a Potato in Foil with your name on it for Sunshine Potato Bar!
- Kinder Awards in the Cafeteria 8:00-9:00
- First Grade Awards in the Cafeteria 9:15-10:15
Friday, May 27th
- No School - Bad Weather Day
Monday, May 30th
- No School - Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 31st
- Third Grade Awards in their classrooms 8:00-9:00
- Second Grade Awards in Cafeteria 9:15-10:15
Wednesday, June 1st
- Early Release - 11:40
- Fourth Grade Awards in Cafeteria 8:00-9:00
Thursday, June 2nd
- Early Release - 11:40
- Fifth Grade Ceremony 8:30-10:00
- Fifth Grade Walk - 11:20 (classes in the hall to cheer them on)
Friday, June 3rd
- Teacher Work Day
- Check-outs due before you leave
Learn More, Achieve More
Don't forget to sign-up for your classes. After CIC votes on Monday I will pass out the papers where you will state your intended schedule for training hours.
In an effort to personalize the LMAM experience for Central I've created a TACKK highlighting some of the offerings I feel closely align with our current goals and information specific to Central Teachers. I will be updating this TACKK as information becomes available, so please bookmark it and come back to it as you plan your PD for the summer.