Delta Epsilon Phi
German National Honor Society at Portage High School
The organization is a national educational honorary society for the study of high school German and is sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG).
Students who attain an 3.6 GPA in 3 consecutive semesters of German and a 3.0 GPA in all other coursework may qualify for induction into Delta Epsilon Phi.
First informational meeting: Tuesday, Nov 27, during German Club in Advisory
Delta Epsilon Phi
Induction takes place during Spring semester. Dues are $15.00 and include a certificate and the DEP insignia pin.
Delta Epsilon Phi Honor Cords
Seniors are eligible for Honor Cords to be worn at the graduation ceremony.
Ich liebe Deutsch!
language, culture, people...LIFE
PHS Membership Criteria and Benefits
By becoming a member, the student commits him/herself to:
• an ongoing interest in the study of the German language and culture
• the promotion of German study among younger/other students
• an active commitment to support the German program at the school
• an active presence and participation during the induction ceremonies and at chapter meetings
• participation in events
What are the benefits of membership?
• a great sense of accomplishment in belonging to this prestigious national society
• the knowledge that students studying a foreign language successfully have a real edge in scoring high on the SAT/ACT and being marketable in today’s global society
•membership in an academic honor society can be beneficial when applying for college
For further information, please contact:
Frau Michelle Doherty, Delta Epsilon Phi Advisor
742-8545, ext 1252
This club meets several times during the year to plan and implement one or two service projects per year, and to plan the induction ceremony. We also participate in various cultural activities related to Germany.