Brooker Creek Elementary
Hello Brooker Creek Families,
It is a Friday of celebration today at school this week. We had no idea what to expect from our APEX fundraiser. We knew that the daily lessons would be great! We knew that the students would love the excitement! We didn't know how much our community would support it. Our community supported it MORE than it did last year! Thank you for supporting us from a distance through this fundraiser. It means more to us than you will ever know.
Next Tuesday evening, the four 5th grade students listed below will represent our school at the Maria Edmonds Hispanic Achievement virtual awards ceremony. These students have shown excellence in achievement and leadership. Our congratulations go out to:
- Adrian Goetsch
- Luis Hernandez
- Cassandra Marcotte
- Tyson Medina
Lastly, for our 5th-grade families, please see the attachment regarding upcoming Middle School Expo nights. These expo nights will be an opportunity for you to get information regarding the middle school your child is scheduled to attend next year.
Jenn Mekler, Principal
Schoolwide Book Fair
Mark your calendars and get ready for some fun! We are hosting an online book fair!
Book Fair Dates: March 1st -14th.
Mrs. Gabbert is so excited about our upcoming book fair! Here are some highlights for you to know as we kick it off:
• Quality books guaranteed to entice your readers! Our partner for this online book fair is Junior Library Guild. JLG is an elite book-selection service that until now has only been available to librarians. Over 40,000 new books for children and young adults are published annually and JLG only selects the top 3% for its collection. So, you KNOW these books are going to be good!
• Shop from the comfort and safety of your home! With health concerns and social-distancing requirements, this online fair is the perfect way for you to build your at-home library from the safety of your home. And you can shop using any major debit or credit card – no cash needed!
• Direct-to-home delivery! Every purchase from our online book fair will be delivered straight to your door. You can also shop teacher wish lists and those books will be shipped directly to their classrooms. Easy peasy!
• Books starting at $5! Most books in our online fair will be hardcover and first edition with library-quality binding. Well below market price, books start as low as $5—and shipping is FREE for all orders over $30.
• Supports our school! Our library receives a percentage of every book fair purchase, and we can use these funds raised as JLG credit to add more quality books to our collection or receive funds in cash for other needs. Your support is so appreciated!
Visit our school website for more information about our online book fair or visit https://athomebookfairs.com/home?bfstring=zb2s5bpD to visit the book fair home page.
Thank you in advance for supporting Brooker Creek and helping us put quality books in the hands of your young readers!
We are continuing to ask our BCE families to preorder meals when possible. When parents spend a few minutes pre-ordering their child’s lunch, it allows our cafe team to plan ahead. These forms allow us to break the meals out by the teacher and have them ready when the students come into the lunchroom and reduce the amount of time they have to spend in line.