Notre Dame News
"You will love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind." This is the greatest and first commandment. (Matthew 22: 37-38)
Spirit Week is this week!
Monday - Terrifying Tunes in the Gathering Area @ noonTuesday - Trivia Tuesday with Monster Trivia @ noon
Wednesday - Wicked Wednesday Scavenger Hunt - get started in the Gathering Area @ noon
Thursday - Jack O' Lantern Jubilee - grab your pumpkin Wednesday, carve it at home, and return it Thursday for a chance to win prizes
Friday - Freaks and Fairy Tale Friday - wear your costume and win!
- Midterm Marks: Students are reminded that Q1 ends on November 2. Ensure all your work is handed in and you are caught up by this date.
- Doors: Students are reminded now that cooler weather has arrived, that our doors do not open until 8:30 am each morning.
- Lockers: If any students are wanting a locker, please fill out the Google Form. Also, if you have filled out the form, stop by the office to pay the $5 fee, and get your lock combination.
- Stunting: Any students who choose to stunt (spin donuts etc.) in the parking lots will have their parking pass taken away. Ensure you are driving in a manner that keeps our school community safe.
Alpha Youth - Only accepting participants for 1 more week!
Alpha video discussion series takes place every Wednesday at lunch in room 1910. Great for religion hours. Only accepting new participants until October 28th. If you are interested, please feel to just join, or contact Jeannette in room 1305
Just in time for winter! These are currently in stock at The Cougar's Den and cost $25.00.
NDHS Mask Lanyard $3.00
Trouble keeping track of your mask? Your problems are solved! Stop by The Cougar's Den to get yours for only $3.00. They should be arriving on October 19th.
Teen Anxiety Group Therapy
THURSDAYS - 1 SESSION PER WEEK TIME: 4:45 PM-6:45 PM Teen Anxiety Group Therapy REGISTER TODAY AT : WWW.VANTAGE COMMUNITYSERVICES.CA
COVID Reminders - Procedures and Cohorts
We also wanted to provide information to our students about Alberta Health Services guidelines around cohort groups. A COVID-19 cohort – also known as bubbles, circles, or safe squads – are small groups of the same people who can interact regularly without staying 2 metres apart.
A person in a cohort should have little to no close contact with people outside of the cohort. Keeping the same people together, rather than mixing and mingling, helps reduce the chance of getting sick, and makes it easier to track exposure if someone does get sick.
You should only belong to one core cohort. It is safest to limit the number of other cohorts you belong to reduce the risk of getting sick or spreading COVID-19.
Under Stage 2 of relaunch, core cohorts can include your household and up to 15 other people you spend the most time with and are physically close to.
This usually includes people part of your regular routine:
- household members
- immediate family
- closest tight-knit social circle
Under Stage 2 of relaunch, you can participate in other cohorts in addition to your core cohort.
- sports teams can play in-region only cohorts of up to 50 players and coaching staff (mini leagues) if the sport does not allow participants to keep 2 meters apart
- performers can have a cohort of up to 50 people (cast members, performers and crew)
Sports and performing cohort numbers do not include parents or spectators.
The Learning Commons 2020-2021 programs are starting up!
Dungeons & Dragons Club
Do you think you’re a match for the infamous Demogorgon? Test your skills at the Dungeons & Dragons Club every Monday and Wednesday at lunch. See Miss Stevens for sign-up and more information.
Join us for monthly discussions on novels, graphic novels, and more. See Miss Stevens for sign-up and more information.
Speak Out: Poetry Slam
Start date: Friday, October 30
Location: Learning Commons
Join us for this student-led program where everyone with a creative soul is a welcome to submit their poetry, rants, short stories, songs, and more to read at the monthly Speak Out. Submissions can be made to Miss Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit your work by Thursday, October 29. For more information, see Miss Stevens.