The Storm Forecast
COVID-19 information- August 7, 2021
A letter from the principal
At San Jose Prep, we take the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff very seriously. As we prepare to start the school year, there are many concerns about the effect of the COVID-19 surge in our area and how that will impact students and staff at schools.
On August 5, our Board of Directors met and voted on policies for the opening of the school year. You will find the official statement in the link below.
Starting Tuesday, August 10th, the following protocol will go into effect:
- Masks will be required of all students and staff at San Jose Prep
- Families wanting to opt out of the mask requirement by filling out the opt out form found on the top, right hand portion of our school website
- Our school is establishing a partnership with a mobile vaccine clinic to set up on-campus vaccination events. Stay tuned for more details.
- Social distancing, hand sanitizing stations throughout the buildings and enhanced disinfecting practices will continue this school year.
- At this time, student temperatures will not be taken upon arrival.
- It is our intention to be able to get back to a sense of normalcy as soon as possible and allow parents to come back into the schools, but current risk factors in Northeast Florida make that impossible at this time.
- Policies at the San Jose Schools related to COVID-19 safety measures used in our schools are subject to change based on new guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control, Florida Department of Health, Florida Department of Education and Duval County School District.
We understand that the past 18 months have been trying and difficult for everyone and we are doing everything we can to ensure that we keep everyone safe on campus while trying to reestablish school life as much as possible.
On behalf of all of the faculty and staff at San Jose Prep, I appreciate your patience and support as we continue to navigate these unchartered waters of a pandemic.
Thank you for trusting us with your children. I look forward to a great year.
Sick? Please stay home
If a student becomes ill during the school day, the student will be isolated in the clinic and parent/guardian will be called to pick the student up from school.