October 17th, 2022 Edition
High Tides & Good Vibes
Excused Educational Absence
Family trips and vacations will not be approved. These trips should be planned when school is not in session.
Crew Night Parent Feedback Survey
If you attended our recent Crew Night (curriculum night), we would love to get your feedback on things you liked or things we may need to change in the future. We care about your thoughts!
3rd Grade Testing
• The verbal section measures a child’s ability to remember and transform sequences of English words, to understand them and to make inferences and judgments about them.
• The quantitative section measures a child’s understanding of basic quantitative concepts and relationships.
• The non-verbal section measures reasoning using pictures and geometric shapes. This section reduces the impact of language on the student’s score.
Our third graders will complete Cog-At testing November 1-3. Score reports will be shared with families and will be one factor used to identify potential candidates for AIG services in fourth grade.
Example of Standards Based Grading
Applying for free or reduced-price meals
The cost of breakfast this year is $1.50. Lunch costs are $3.00.
To apply for free or reduced-price meals, you can do so online by visiting www.MySchoolApps.com. Paper applications will always be made available throughout ALL Wake County Public Schools, Crossroads, and at Central Office, or you can call 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 to have one mailed to you.
- Application information
- Application information - información sobre la solicitud (Español)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions - preguntas frecuentes (Español)
- Sample application/Ejemplo de solicitud (Please fill out an original / Favor de completar una solicitud original)
- Meal charges policy | Cuentas de Alimentos
Message for Military Families
Are you a military-connected family?
In an effort to ensure that the unique needs of military-connected students are met, state law requires that schools collect information on military-connected students. The goal is to help accommodate these students by providing them with support and consistency when their parents are deployed, when they are transitioning between schools, and at other pivotal times during their academic career.
If you are a military-connected family, please:
- Download the attached fillable form.
- Complete one form for each of your children.
- Return to the school data manager who emailed this form to you.
The deadline is Nov. 11. You may also print and return a hard copy of the form to your child’s school if you prefer
SPIRIT ROCK RENTAL IS HERE!!!!
Last year quite a few weeks got filled up fast especially for the Spring! So sign up and pay for your week now!
Click on the link above for more details!!!
We have created this handbook to help you and your child understand the rules and expectations in school, on the way to and from school and at school-sponsored activities. We encourage you to discuss those rules and this document with your child.
Bryan Road Elementary School
School hours are: 9:15 start and 3:45 dismissal.