April 15, 2022
Riverview students take 5th place at FPS state bowl!
One of our Riverview Elementary teams took 5th place at the Washington Future Problem Solving (FPS) State Bowl! The State Bowl was held on March 24 at the Warm Beach Conference Center. Student team members were Alexis Sherbert, Chloe Dauer, Gil Tracewell and Maleala Mazurek. Their coach/instructor was Kimberlee Spaetig-Peterson. Great work team! We are proud of you!
Riverview Food Drive April 18th – April 22nd
Benefits Snohomish Community Food Bank
Kindergarten: Healthy cereal/mini cereal boxes
1st Grade: Granola bars
2nd Grade: Juice boxes
3rd Grade, 2/3: Jell-O/Pudding cups
4th/5th Grade: Packs of cookies/crackers
6th Grade, 4/5/6, 5/6: Individually wrapped bags of chips
Items collected will be distributed to the homeless population in small, easy to carry bags and to families with children.
Goal: 1,000 items
Thank you- Cascade Pod Leadership Students
SALMON IN SCHOOLS PROGRAM
The second graders at Riverview have been raising and releasing salmon every year since 1995! It is a great environmental project as the kids get to monitor and observe three stages of the life cycle and do many classroom projects about the life cycle. Latest update: Success! We will be releasing the salmon in one week!
Save the Date!
Riverview Elementary students will be participating in a Rainbow Run event on May 6, 2022 to raise funds to provide more community-building all-school activities as we begin to loosen the restrictions that have kept us apart for the past 2 years.
Sponsors will get their logo on all posters, flyers, and t-shirts for the event. These are t-shirts that our students will wear out around town all year long! Click the link for sponsorship information: https://form.jotform.com/220735227077152
Welcome Class of 2035!
We had the best time meeting our new Kindergarteners and their families at our Spring Into Kindergarten event! It's not too late to register for Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year. Register online or in person. Learn more at www.sno.wednet.edu/kindergarten.
New students - Register for the 2022-2023 school year
Have you or someone you know recently moved to the area? Or, do you have a child who will be a Kindergartener or new to the Snohomish School District during the 2022–2023 school year? We can’t wait for you to join us! Register now at the Snohomish elementary, middle or high school your child will attend. Learn more at www.sno.wednet.edu/newstudentenrollment.
PLEASE COMPLETE STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INPUT FORM
In order to better plan student transportation needs and routes/schedules for the 2022—2023 school year, we have implemented an online Student Transportation Input Form at www.sno.wednet.edu/ridethebus. Between now and through early summer, we are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed once per student.
2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school year calendar dates
2021-2022 School Year
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - No school/Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 9 - AIM High School graduation ceremony
- Monday, June 13 - Snohomish High School and Glacier Peak High School graduation ceremonies
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release)
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/calendars for additional information regarding district and school events and activities.
District-approved community fliers
- Annual Plant Sale - Snohomish High School
- Art Wizards
- Chess at Cathcart Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Chess at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Everett Rowing Spring Registration
- Foreign Language for Youth Online Spanish, French, Japanese and Mandarin Classes
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- iFly - Spanish French Japanese and Mandarin
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- LEGO Ninjas and LEGO Architecture at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Let Me Run at Seattle Hill Elementary
- Reflections School of Dance
- SHS Band Booster Goodwill Fundraiser - April 16
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish Student Mountain Biking Team
- Snohomish Youth Volleyball
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids
- Teen Love and Dating Information from Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Teen Storytellers Project Winter and Spring Film Classes
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.