2020-21 School Year #16 - November 30, 2020
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
CHAMPS for the Virtual and In-Person Classroom
This series will cover a variety of topics related to classroom management and behavior, including trauma and cultural competence, classroom organization and structure, how to explicitly teach classroom expectations, ways to plan intentional interactions with students, and strategies to correct student misbehavior. 5-part series begins 1/12/21; FREE, Muskegon County Only 9.5 SCECHs Learn More and Register
Tell Your Parents
Muskegon Museum of Art Super Saturday From Home – Snowflakes - virtual tour, activity, film 12/12/20
Online Storytime for ages birth to five-years-old
Bored at home? Check out the madl.org events calendar with virtual activities for babies to adults!
Toys that are TOO Noisy and may harm your child's hearing
- Students: Future Focused Career Series LIVE Interview with Jim Bachor, Graphic Designer/Pothole Artist 12/9/20 9:00AM
- FREE Virtual Career Readiness Conference series 1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, Each session is one hour.
- How to Keep Students Organized in a Hybrid Model
Get Your Learning On!
- When Bias Gets in the Way: How to Recognize and Address Barriers to Supporting LGBTQ+ Students and Families 12/2/20
- Literacy Essentials Series: K-3 Foundational Skills - High Impact, Low Stress 6-part series begins 12/7/20; FREE, 12 SCECHs
- Stay Current: Legal and Policy Issues Pertaining to LGBTQ+ Students and School Staff 12/16/20
- LGBTQ Virtual Technical Assistance Drop-In Sessions beginning 12/3/20
Don't Miss This!
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) was signed into law on December 2, 1972 and made education available to all American children! This special day honors the progress that has been made in special education.
Important Clip to Share with Friends
www.maskupmuskegon.org Shares Faces of Local COVID-19 Cases
Steve Fox still doesn't know how both of his parents contracted COVID-19. But the disease took its toll, and life will never be the same for Steve and his family because of this pandemic. Steve hopes sharing his story can help make people think twice about the safety precautions they are taking to stop COVID-19 from spreading in our community.
There's an App for That!
Stay in touch with us! Use the MAVIN Health Checker, see the latest professional development, view countywide school news, and access staff directory information. Receive messages instantly from the MAISD concerning events, school closings, and other time-sensitive information.