Art, Guidance, Library, Music, P.E., and Spanish
Creative Artists at Work!
Kindergarteners experimented with chalk and collage, and 3rd and 4th graders have been sewing pillows and beginning embroidery. Notice music connections in Kindergarten (Carnival of the Animals artworks), 1st (Songs written about their bug artworks), 2nd (Soundscapes responding to their stories & characters), and 4th grade (Pictures at an Exhibition interpretations)!
Sharing our art!
Johnson’s Annual Career Fair was a HUGE SUCCESS!!! We had seven parents join us to speak about their careers and how they got to where they are!
- Lisa Autrey, Chemical Engineer
- Artie Spaw, Architect
- Angela Norman, Computer Programmer
- Annie Varland, Professional Photgrapher
- Collin Shadwell, Artist
- Josh Klosterman, Cincinnati Firefighter
- Genius Hour- Students in 5th grade chose a topic of their choice to study and teach to others. We had students researching various topics from baking, to ER Doctors, to sewing!
- Bugs- First grade students have been working in library, music, and art to research, create a song, and an artwork about a bug of their choice. Then students created a video using the Clips app and Green Screen by Do Ink to share what they had learned.
- Stories- Second grade students have created a main character, a story, and a story scape in library, art, and music. Students were super creative and worked so hard through the entire writing process!
Have a great summer!
Library Media Specialist
OverDrive Sora App
I hope everyone has a wonderful summer!
Our culminating unit for elementary Spanish is writing a simple story in Spanish, collaborating with Art to illustrate the book, and then next week we will read to a kindergarten class! The kids have done an amazing job! I can't wait to see the kindergartners get so excited to have the 5th grade read to them!