Chatham Middle School Media Center - Volume 2, Issue 8
Gordon Korman Visit to CMS
Friday, May 20th, 9:30am
CMS Library Media Center
The CMS Library will be selling Korman's books as a fundraiser the week of his visit. Please feel free to bring your classes down to the library to purchase books.
Books that are purchased from the library can be signed by Gordon Korman during his visit.
April Top Circulated Titles
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
3. Night by Elie Wiesel
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
5. Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff Kinney
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
8. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, & Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
9. Black Friday by Robert Muchamore
10. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
Online Gameshow Tools for the Classroom
Flippity works with Google sheets and offers the user many different options including flashcards, certificates, random name pickers and gameshow boards. You can pull your information from a Google sheet. It's a great tool to review information in class or have a game-based activity on a literature choice in the library.
Jeopardy Rocks is very similar in style to the other two tools mentioned. Jeopardy Rocks is also "Freemium". Each creator can generate up to three games for free and after that there is a cost. While Jeopardy Rock is a fun option for gameshow activites in class, it is limited by cost. It is easy to use and students will enjoy the television style of the game.